JackG - V- Barclays Bank

JackG
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5795 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone- hope I am in correct place to start new thread for Barclays as I am just about to post my 1st letter to them asking for statements for last 6 years so I can work out how much they owe me.

I will keep all of you posted about my progress and I am just about to start reading all other threads for barclays to get some little tips etc.

bye for now

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi again, well posted letter to Barclays requesting last 6 years statements and £10.00 fee, hope to hear from them soon, this is really nerve racking, been reading threads again tonight and some sound hopeful but some sound daunting, hope mines easy going

will keep you all posted, good luck to others who are in process of getting charges back

received letter back with cheque £10.00 saying that will sort through records and post all my statements out to me, also included was a letter meant for another customer of theirs with his postal order too!. have written to Barclays advising them of their error and have sent letter and postal order back to the customer adiving him of how I cam to receive HIS letter and postal order, So much for data protection!!!!!!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Have written to Barclays 22nd Jan asking for copy statements and not heard back yet, is it 40 working days or 40 calendar days pls?? so am reading through as much info as I can. Most of it I understand however, unfortunately, I cannot get my head around Basic Court Bundle (in case I get that far). What details do I leave out (some threads say only leave in material relevant to me!) well, on reading it none of the material in it is relevant to me, also do I create a 1st new page for my details o go on, can anyone send me an example to look at so I don't get it wrong. Am absolutely petrified at this moment in time as 40 days drawing near and no word from Barclays except to say that will be sending my info out in due course!!

Please help me, feel like a fish out of water!!

alright mate , don't worry about anything .we were all in the same boat as you remember.

ok wait for your statements then highlight all your charges , paid referrals , unauthorised overdraft etc.

you then have to transfer them on to a spreadsheet which you will find in vampiress thread.

just follow the instructions on this site , if you get stuck on anything just ask no matter how stupid it sounds , someone will answer honest.

i'll try and post you a few links to help you out.

good luck.:)

Thanks a lot dickeggsy

Just finished reading that incredible story from Nightstar, really inspirational, so thanks for link to it. My 40 days is up March 3rd by that time shd have received all statements hopefully, but feel I should have had them before now, most other threads I've read seem to get them very early on. Am finding all these threads quite confusing, you can go from one to other really quickly and then get lost in them.

Will have to read up some more and hope it starts to sink in

Good luck to you all out there anyway!

To Nightstar - thanks a lot truly inspirational from start to finish!!!!!!

Came home today to receive all 6 years worth of statements from Barclays (thought they would never come) waded thru' them with huby and found total £840 worth of charges - doesn't seem much - but hey - all ours!!!. Going to do spreadsheet now and send off with relevant letters - thanks to you all for encouragement so far

will keep you all posted!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, latest update is that I have received all statements as I requested and have totalled £840.00 charges. I know there is a spread sheet some where on this site but can't find it, can anyone direct me to it, would be much appreciated. I think (reading other threads) that I don't chare interest at this stage............. is this right? and I know there is a letter to send with it but can't seem to find this either..........

Do I print these off and send them recorded delivery to Barclays (same address as initial letter requesting statements).. please advise if any can

Well, here goes another claim in the offing, just one of many on their list no doubt..............

Just read crashbandicoot thread which was again, most encouraging.......

thanks a lot for all support so far!!!!!!!

Spreadsheets

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/25457-guide-reclaiming-bank-charges.html?garpg=4

Letter

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/671-2-letter-preliminary-approach.html

Yes send all correspondence via recorded delivery or through banks internal mail but get a receipt fron who ever accepts it.

Legal dept at Churchill Place London is where they end up.

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

Do I paste in first column "Unauthorised Overdraft Fee" or "Paid referral" as they are stated on my statements or do I give them another name.......? could someone pls advise?, really don't want to get anything wrong at this stage, just on this spreadsheet items are called "cleared transaction" & "unpaid DD charge"" etc, I have never had any of those, my charges are named as above in 1st sentence.

Do I also use Simple spreadsheet first and remove 8% interest column

thanks a lot for advice............. (total novice here)

Hi Jack ,

Just dropped in on this one -

Put on the spreadsheet decription exactly what it said on your bank statement i.e 'Paid Referral' or 'Unauthorised Overdraft Fee' - just what they say it's for - that way you can't be wrong or they can't mistake what you mean.

Best of Luck!

John

Sorry, I forgot the second question - only print the bit without the 8% interest until you start court action, if it goes that far

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

Cheers, thanks a lot for that one. Just when I think it all sinks in, I look at something new and forget what I shd be doing.......... any way am printing off copy of spreadsheet now just used simple on in Excel with detail, amount charged and date charge applied so I think thats ok, just need to find that letter Dar3N posted to me earlier ................

Well here goes...................

Hi, In the "request for charges letter" it says

What I require

I calculate that you have taken £XXXXX plus £XXX which you have charged me in overdraft interest for the sum which you have taken. Total £XXXXX .

I enclose a schedule of the charges which I am claiming with this letter

how do I calculate "plus £XXXX which you have charged me in overdraft interest for the sum" I can't see any of those charges on my statements as I got back into credit imm the charge went on.....can any one advise of this pls?????????

That's the way to do it, Jack , just take it one step at a time,

Send the letter Dar3N gave you the link to, and attach your spreadsheet, send it recorded delivery and sit back and wait for 14 days(no longer!) then send off the LBA (Letter Before Action), with another copy of the spreadsheet attached.

Above all, don't worry, you'll get there, stick with it!icon14.gif

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

Thanks a lot you two for your replies, as you can see, gave up then and went to bed. You make it sound all so easy, so will do as you say and get this posted Thursday and keep fingers crossed, take it it's 14 actual days and not 14 working days so shd hear something pretty soon,

Has anyone settled at this stage, or has it carried on until date set to go to Court with everyone?? If anyone knows, please reply.

thanks again, will keep you all informed!!!!