Abbey - Court Date Set @ Guildford

jellybabe1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6277 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Abbey have defended my claim and I have received the Notice of Transfer of Proceedings along with the Allocation Questionnaire.

Any advice as to what I should put in section G of the form - Other Information - and what else should I provide with the form?

All help will be gratefully received!! :)

Hi jelly

Heres the guide on how to fill in the AQ:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/11644-allocation-questionnaires-guide-completion.html

And what dose the Notice of transfer say? :)

DONT FORGET TO DONATE TO THIS SITE WHEN YOU WIN THANKYOU

If you dont it wont be here:x

Let battle commence!!!!!:mad:

All advice and opinions given by people on this site are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

Hey Welly,

Thanks for your reply.

They are denying that these are penalty charges and state:

"The fees reflect and are proportionate to the Defendant's administrative expenses incurred due to the Claimant's breach of contract and are a genuine pre-estimate of the damage suffered by the Defendant."

Yeah, right!!

I shall get that questionnaire sent asap!

Cheers.:rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

Hello,

Due to the number of cases filed, Guildford are trying a number of test cases or will have a hearing to include a number of cases.

Anyone else had this - and do you reckon this will be a case of strength in numbers??

:)

I havnt heard of this, but I think that it is a case of strength in numbers, none of the people listed with get to court and I think that you will find all your cases settled about a week or so before hand :-)

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

I've had a couple of my cases transferred to Guildford from Epsom County Court. Not got a date for the hearing yet but it's very frustrating seeing as Epsom have had the claim for at least 2 months!

Nationwide Current a/c - MCOL filed 16/8/06 - Refunded 1/9/06

Lloyds TSB CC#1 - Failed to respond in full to Data Protection Act. Awaiting date of court hearing

Lloyds TSB CC#2 - Awaiting date of court hearing

Marbles CC - Refunded at LBA stage £100!!!

Citi CC - Date of hearing set at 15/1/07

MBNA (Abbey) CC - MCOL filed 27/7/06 - Refunded in full on day Abbey had to acknowledge claim!

Capital One CC - MCOL filed 27/7/06 - Refunded in full 17/8/06!

Abbey Current a/c - Awaiting date of court hearing

HFC Loan - MCOL filed 25/8/06 - Refunded 8/9/06

• 1 month later...
I have a Court date set for 5th March @ Guildford. Is anyone else attending on the same date?

Looks like March is going to be Very busy month for ShAbbey as I`ve seen quite a few threads with March Court Dates (including my own:D )

I`m wondering if the judges within the court system have started to talk to each other?? and maybe this is the beginning of a concerted effort by the courts to try and sort Abbey out.

Or maybe its just so late at night, my minds playing tricks on me;)

VIEWS EXPRESSED ARE MY OWN - IF THEY HELP - PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Halifax - S.A.R - June 06

- Pre-Lim(£1665) July 06

- LBA - July 06

- MCOL - 15th Aug 06

- Acknowledged 18th Aug

- Settled IN FULL :eek:

- 2nd Claim Started - 12 Dec 2006

- SETTLED IN FULL:eek:

- 3rd Claim Started (Phone Call) 1st March 2007

Abbey National - S.A.R - 23/08/06

- Default Removal Letter sent 21st Sept

- LBA sent with Estimated Charges 4/10/06

- 2nd LBA 23/10/06

- N1 filed 9/11/06 - Deemed Served 16/11/06

- AQ & Draft Directions filed 19/12/06

- Court Hearing 22/3/07

- SETTLED IN FULL:o INCLUDING £5k COMPENSATION

Capital One - S.A.R. 10/10/06

Alliance & Leicester - Mortgage E/S/C Claim 02/03/07

I have a date set for 04/03/07 at Guildford.

I'm pretty concerned as I'm not sure what I need to prepare for the hearing.

How prepared are you for your date??

Have you been waiting for a responce from the District Judge??

I requested that the case be heard at Epsom originally, but was told it was being moved to Guildford where the district judge was going to make an order.

Sorry for all the questions but I had hoped that It wouldn't get to this stage.

Nick

Hey NickR,

I'm pretty much prepared for my court date, although I haven't sent off my papers yet.

My case got referred to Guildford as well, but mine was from Staines.

Have you had a look in the library for the Court Bundle? This will help you with what you need to prepare.

Let me know how you're getting on!

:)

are all abbey claims going to court. i've just requested my statements and didn't really want it to go that far but i will if need be. but i've heard that abbey are the worst bank out of the lot of them. any way good luck for the court dates in march

Actually, just notliced that my hearing is also on 5th March at Guildford @ 10:30.

I have looked at links regarding court bundles and am now starting to get things in order.

It's a shame that Abbey are not settling earlier, but I suppose it makes the inevitable outcome all the more satisfying.

Good luck with your case and keep me up to date.

Nick

caj123 - don't let the bank bully you and take it all the way! You may not get as far as the court stage, but what have you got to loose?!

And Nick - if it does get to that stage - I guess we'll be seeing each other as it looks as though they'll be hearing our case together, no doubt along with others!

Hi

If it relates to your claim regarding the charges and you feel it is relevent then include it. I will include my SAR request as they took 7 months to comply with it. The reason for the SAR request is directly related to my claim, so I will include it. It also shows how poorly they have behaved. They are now even using the very same statements to delay further.

Regards bish.

Abbey : £8070.41*PAID IN FULL*14/02/07:D

Capital one : LBA sent 17/09/06 £1,087.22

Marbles : LBA sent 17/09/06 £720.00 ; £720 offer accepted:D

i am now not so scared. it was just so intimidating that I cheryl of Darwen could be taking o BIG bAD BANK to court

but i suppose thats what they are hoping we will be feeling eh!!!!!

well not no more

i will fight them in the court room

(another reason to but a super smart suit lol)

i will NOT be scared of the buggers

all my good thoughts for you all.

keep me updated on the cases

and i will be coming for more help sooner or later

x

x

lol

:-x

None - although Abbey do run it pretty close these days. There's no indication that they do in fact actually intend to defend in court though, the game is to put as many obsticles in your way before paying out at the last minute. That said, nothing is certain and you should prepare for every eventuality.

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

• 1 month later...

They do cut it fine don't they??!

Bank settled on Friday afternoon - Hearing was set for yesterday (Monday) morning!

Still, they settled and I'm happy!!!

Nick R - did you received settlement?

CAJ123 - Keep it up and Good Luck! :) :) :)