Do you need a parachute account?

barracad
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4427 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just passing on what I've learnt from you guys on here!

Cheers for the thumbs up!

x

If my advice has helped, please click on my scales. Thank you!

MBNA - CRA file to be cleared then finished!

Abbey Personal - Final LBA 28/5/7 - then Court

Capital One - Final LBA 28/5/7 - then Court

GMAC - Sent DCA SAR 9th March 07 - confirmed not legally assigned.

Waiting for GMAC to provide breakdown of charges and CCA under s79

Alliance & Leicester - Final LBA 28/5/7 - then Court.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:? Hello there,

I am new here and I am currently just about to take HSBC to court. It is a business account. Does anyone there had any experience in accounts closure after court battle (business account)?

I am a bit scared as it is a current business account and we also have a business loan secured in our home.

Any help will be appreciated.

Have a good day.:-?

Halifax - £245 - SETTLED - in full

MBNA Business - £190 - SETTLED - in full

HSBC - Closed business a/c - £1,850 - SETTLED IN FULL

HSBC - Business a/c - £4,388 - SETTLED FOR £4,100

Nat West Card - SETTLE IN FULL - £124.71

Halifax Credit Card - MCOL 26th May 2007

Egg - 1st LBA 12th May 2007

Are you a business customer, let's join forces subscribe to:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/68191-claiming-business-account-lets-6.html#post646109

Hi there make me happy...

With your case, I would highly recommend using the following link.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=10

This will take you to a new thread in the HSBC Section.

Post all the info you can and what help you need. Members will be able to keep track of your thread, it's in the right place, and make sure it includes 'business' in your title.

All the best

Perseus

Hi Perseus,

Thanks for the advice and direction. Hope you don't mind me asking 2 more questions. I'm with bank of scotland - or bank of scotland/halifax as they are know now? :?: I have come accross the below address to post the dpa letter (1st letter requesting all the charges) to and just wondering if it is the same one you used;

HBOS PLC

Trinity Rd

HALIFAX

HX1 2RG

The £10 fee for the dpa letter, do I make it payable to Bank of Scotland or is it Halifax? :?:

I'm also due to have more charges applied this coming week for £88.00 as I had to go my o/draft in a bit of an emergency last week. Can I call them up saying not to apply this to my account as it's an un lawfull charge and that I have a letter in the post requesting the other charges back over the years?

Or should I wait for the charges to be applied this week and then send of the letter to request the amounts taken? :confused:

Again you're help and direction is appricated.

Hi Patrick

Wish you well in your pursuits, using this site.

Don't forget, start your own thread in which ever Bank Forum here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-action-group-against/ . You'll receive any help or advice needed.

All the best

Perseus

i have 2 parachute accounts, because i originally applied to HBOS and was refused, so i applied to Clydesdale, then HBOS changed their mind.

But as a point to note, both of them do provide debit cards, Maestro from Clydesdale and Switch from HBOS.

Hi Everyone

I know this is of the subject not sure where to post this but can someone answer me why you dont send the added on interest of 8% with the first letter, and when i do send that or if not to?

Regards

The added interest can only be claimed once you go and file a court claim, then you can add interest to your claim total amount.

Halifax - £245 - SETTLED - in full

MBNA Business - £190 - SETTLED - in full

HSBC - Closed business a/c - £1,850 - SETTLED IN FULL

HSBC - Business a/c - £4,388 - SETTLED FOR £4,100

Nat West Card - SETTLE IN FULL - £124.71

Halifax Credit Card - MCOL 26th May 2007

Egg - 1st LBA 12th May 2007

Are you a business customer, let's join forces subscribe to:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/68191-claiming-business-account-lets-6.html#post646109

Hi Everyone

I know this is of the subject not sure where to post this but can someone answer me why you dont send the added on interest of 8% with the first letter, and when i do send that or if not to?

Regards

Hi Charlie

Really - there's 2 options with attempting to claim interest on charges.

The 8% you quote is covered by s69 of the County Courts act. It is generally 'allowed' at the courts discretion as a reasonable amount of simple interest (ie one interest amount claimed on a total figure).

The reason why the 8% method is left until court is that under that act, and because it's at the courts discretion, you must apply for it as a consideration of the court when filing your claim.

Contractual compounded interest can be an amount (for example 29.9% apr) charged against you on your account (credit or bank) for unauthorised borrowing. "In the alternative" which is a phrase used when completing your N1 or MCOL claim form at court stage in your particulars of claim, If the unauthorised amount is not 'allowed' by the court, you can request consideration of the authroised borrowing rate' which may be (for example) 18% apr. Failing that, you can as a last resort request s69 interest at 8%.

The big difference is you can attempt to claim contractual compounded interest in your preliminary letter as you use a term in consideraion of 'mutuality and reciprocity in balance of fairness in contract terms' - part of the Unfair Terms of Consumer Credit Regulations . The interest applied here is - for example - 29.9% added to charges for year 1, then 29.9% added to total of charges for year 1 plus that years interest - plus 2nd years interest, year 3 is 29.9% interest added to 2nd years total plus charges for 3rd year plus 29.9% interest.

Sounds complicated, but there are some excellent spreadsheets available.

I'll supply the link;

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/51736-excel-contractual-interest-spreadsheet.html?highlight=spreadsheet+1.9#post459566 and a good thread with some full explanations here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/51736-excel-contractual-interest-spreadsheet.html?highlight=spreadsheet+1.9 .

there are others too - if you look for Vampiress - she has some excellent on site, and google spreadsheets available.

Hope this all helps!

any further q's, please ask here or PM me!

Hi Perseus,

Nice one for the links below for Charlie and in case I need to go to court it's handy to have them. ;)

Hi Charlie

Really - there's 2 options with attempting to claim interest on charges.

The 8% you quote is covered by s69 of the County Courts act. It is generally 'allowed' at the courts discretion as a reasonable amount of simple interest (ie one interest amount claimed on a total figure).

The reason why the 8% method is left until court is that under that act, and because it's at the courts discretion, you must apply for it as a consideration of the court when filing your claim.

Contractual compounded interest can be an amount (for example 29.9% apr) charged against you on your account (credit or bank) for unauthorised borrowing. "In the alternative" which is a phrase used when completing your N1 or MCOL claim form at court stage in your particulars of claim, If the unauthorised amount is not 'allowed' by the court, you can request consideration of the authroised borrowing rate' which may be (for example) 18% apr. Failing that, you can as a last resort request s69 interest at 8%.

The big difference is you can attempt to claim contractual compounded interest in your preliminary letter as you use a term in consideraion of 'mutuality and reciprocity in balance of fairness in contract terms' - part of the Unfair Terms of Consumer Credit Regulations . The interest applied here is - for example - 29.9% added to charges for year 1, then 29.9% added to total of charges for year 1 plus that years interest - plus 2nd years interest, year 3 is 29.9% interest added to 2nd years total plus charges for 3rd year plus 29.9% interest.

Sounds complicated, but there are some excellent spreadsheets available.

I'll supply the link;

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/51736-excel-contractual-interest-spreadsheet.html?highlight=spreadsheet+1.9#post459566 and a good thread with some full explanations here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/51736-excel-contractual-interest-spreadsheet.html?highlight=spreadsheet+1.9 .

there are others too - if you look for Vampiress - she has some excellent on site, and google spreadsheets available.

Hope this all helps!

any further q's, please ask here or PM me!

You're welcome chancer, and good luck.

There are different spreadsheets for Bank claims, and Credit Card claims.

This link is for bank claims!

Perseus :)

• Haha 1

Thanks Perseus. :)

You're welcome chancer, and good luck.

There are different spreadsheets for Bank claims, and Credit Card claims.

This link is for bank claims!

Perseus :)

:) and thanks for the click!!!

Can someone please advise me on which one to choose?:confused:

hi,

First of all hello to everyone, just registered. So apologies in advance if I am in the wrong place.

Anyway, if u r looking for a parachute account. If you have adverse credit rating or just looking for new bank try CITIBANK. this is not a BASIC ACCOUNT. This is a full current account w/c also offers OD and cheque book and VISA DEBIT CARD.! I have just applied online and waiting for my application. They call Sterling current account, although I think they changed the name now.

Will keep u inform about my progress.

Welcome Bella - and good luck with your account and pursuing your charges!

Perseus

Hi everyone.

I'm new to all this and am thinking about reclaiming my bank fees (obviously! :) ). I'd prefer to keep my own account and the prospect of having to get a parachute account worries me, as I don't have a fantastic credit history, but my bank now seem to be slapping charges on for me taking money out on my pay-day! Latest charges meant I couldn't even afford the bus to go and see my mum in hospital because they nabbed what remaining cash I had. Their response? "well, you did go quite a lot over your limit in February". Looking at my last statements shows it was all on pay day and well covered (and then some) by my monthly salary. It seems that their system doesn't register my money at the start of the day, so makes it look as though I go vastly overdrawn before my pay shows on my account. Tad upset you could say...

Hi Serafina, and welcome.

Reading your post, you are certainly not alone in your troubles.

The first thing that may help, is to go and speak with someone at your bank. Explain to them what financial hardship you're facing, even be prepared to write down what income and outgoings you have on a monthly basis: Here is a link to national debtlines budget planner so you can prove your ins and outs:- National Debtline England & Wales | Personal Budget Sheet .

They may respond by reversing some charges/providing an overdraft temporarily, giving you a gesture of goodwill etc. Just make sure that if you have to sign anything - it doesn't limit any action you may wish to take regarding reclaiming charges.

Because, thats the very next thing you should do!

First of all - in the main Bank Charges forum - start your own thread in which-ever bank you are with. That way we can all help and advise.

Read the FAQ's to get a good idea of what/when/where/how it all works.

Send off your SAR request (with a borrowed £10 if need be) to get your statements.

The link for that is here:- http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/516-1-data-protection-act.html and send it recorded delivery.

Then just count the days and get ready to county the charges up.

Let us know how you get on ok?

All the best

Perseus

I'm new to all this and am thinking about reclaiming my bank fees.

Go for it, hun!

I'd prefer to keep my own account and the prospect of having to get a parachute account worries me, as I don't have a fantastic credit history.
Nicest ones for applying are Clydesdale if you have one nearby. They don't require a credit check (they will ask for permission, you just say no), and they fill all the forms in for you.

slapping charges on for me taking money out on my pay-day
par for the course, if my experience is anything to go by. Once they get like this, it's best to cut your losses, imvho, or they eat all your money and you end up with other bills unpaid... Once the dragon has awoken, you can't satisfy it, no matter what you do.

Welcome Seafina & Hippychic2007. I myself am fairly newish and I'm still waiting to get these letters off. All I can say is that Perseus & Tigs will give great advice....and others too. Just hang in there and do your research and good luck with your claim. :wink:

no expert, me. but be guided by most of the people on here. only thing i'm expert in is getting ridiculous amounts of charges from the banks...

but i will add my welcome to Seafina and Hippychic2007 (a girl after me own heart from the sounds of it, ;} )

Dito....I must be your bro as I'm an expert too at getting bank charges. :p

no expert, me. but be guided by most of the people on here. only thing i'm expert in is getting ridiculous amounts of charges from the banks...

but i will add my welcome to Seafina and Hippychic2007 (a girl after me own heart from the sounds of it, ;} )

Hi bob

Yes it is always possible.

May be worth a personal visit to the branch, and ask them when they received it, when it was passed on to their compliance section, and ask why the cheque hasn't been cashed yet.

As it's face-to-face, you shouldn't get fobbed off as much as you would in a letter!

All the best

Perseus

Hi Perseus & all,

I was at a party last night and one of the guest works in a bank. This person told me that since they have all the charges kept on a data base that you only need to write a letter (kind of like the dpa letter) just requesting all charges and etc back since you joined.

Just double checking if this is true? :-?

Hi bob

Yes it is always possible.

May be worth a personal visit to the branch, and ask them when they received it, when it was passed on to their compliance section, and ask why the cheque hasn't been cashed yet.

As it's face-to-face, you shouldn't get fobbed off as much as you would in a letter!

All the best

Perseus