*********i Won I Won I Won *****

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6343 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

have just completed my court claim letters, but am holding on to them till start of next week waiting for yesterday's charges to add in, I have also sent them a letter stating that I will be adding all additional charges in to the court claim, I expect it will go up from the 500 quid to nearer 700, so reaching the limit for scottish courts - but i aint giving up. Thanks for all your advice, is really helpful

Michelle

Any views expressed on this site are my personal opinion or experience and do not represent legal advice in any way

:o :rolleyes: Michelle ;):) :o

Halifax: ************ WON ***************

Hi there

can anyone answer the following - I have a halifax account that was closed in 2002 because of loads of charges, I want to claim this back from them, but Scottish law is you can only claim for 5 years. The account was opened in Wales, so can I go under english law and back 6 years to claim.

cheers

Michelle

Any views expressed on this site are my personal opinion or experience and do not represent legal advice in any way

You would need to claim at an English/Welsh court and use the Halifax (Trinity Road) address for the bank, but I can't see it being a problem. You also get the larger limit on small claims too. Bear in mind that if required to attend court you would have to travel, so make sure it's practical before going ahead!

Jeep (The Wife & I)

Halifax joint a/c (£3800 charges + £40 interest on charges over 11 years) - paid in full 23/06/06

Halifax joint a/c new charges £1100 - LBA sent 02/08/06

Halifax 2nd a/c (£1500 charges + £150 interest on charges) - partial payment received 13/07/06 (no s69 interest) - AQ filed 07/08/06 - Court awarded 50% of s69 interest (Bank didn't turn up!)

Halifax Visa (#1) Data Protection Act sent - statements arrived - £350 so far

Halifax Visa (#2) Data Protection Act sent - refunded £170

DONATE - Support this site, it supported you!

Follow the route: FAQs > Template Library > Parachute Account > Bank Forums > Spreadsheet

All advice given in good faith and without prejudice or liability, to be taken at your own risk!

• 2 months later...

They phoned me this morning - got a right stroppy little madam on the phone who was not averse to showing her indignation when I stated that it wasn't appropriate to default me as this occurred solely through bank charges. They are now demanding that I pay in to my account £185 to bring within overdraft, but is solely charges on my account that has added this balance.

Is there a letter anywhere that I can send to them to say - get a grip - I have just lodged a court claim with you which will be heard on the 26/01/07, you can no longer do this to the consumer - can I add to my claim the additional charges and make a note of the threat to register a default on my account.

Roll on the court day - EGG on your face when you have to pay up

Guest littlesally

No they can't default while this is going on and yes you can add any further charges.

Personnally, I would mention the threat on everything I could as it shows they are being unreasonable.

thanks for that, did find a letter which was delivered to the branch by hand, can't wait for january 22nd to see if they file a defence.

Dont think you will be able to add any more charges TO THIS CLAIM only at a cost of 35 but it isnt recoverable

Whatever I post is my opinion and should be taken as such, an opinion. While it is what I believe and is offered in good faith, it should not be taken as a statement of truth

Guest littlesally

Also, keep everything in writing, photocopy all that you send and if they ring you say you don't conduct your business on the phone. That way you will not have to depend on memory.

• 1 month later...

Well I never thought it would happen, but I won, got all my money back off the halifax, 740 quid, all spent buying stuff for my new house and of course donating to the CAG - fantastic website, now to take on the rest -

a word for anyone just starting, persevere, it is well worth it in the end.

congrats, really gives me hope for my claim even though i am still waiting for statements!

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent (Recorded Delivery) - 28 December 2006

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Acknowlegdement received 6 January 2007

Statements received 10 February 2007

Prelim sent (Recorded Delivery) - 13 February 2007

Prelim Received - 14 February 2007

Prelim Acknowledgement received - 20 February 2007

LBA sent (Recorded Delivery) - 1 March 2007