Uninformed vs Welcome (PPI Query)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6344 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I know this is going to make me sound like a complete fool but I need some advice so here goes!

Took out a loan 3 years ago with Welcome Finance told I would also need to sign up for some kind of insurance but it would also benefit should I have to attend hospital etc... I know muppet spings to mind, anyway, I signed the Loan and they said papers would be in the post etc..

Never had any problems with me or me with them I pay my premium every month but after watching Trevor last night it suddenly struck me that I was never told anything about Insurance apart from the above so went to check the paperwork that they sent and I have no copy of the signed agreement, statement of account just an insurance policy. I will be contacting them first thing on Monday to ask for the agreement and regular statements etc. and will be following that phone call up with a confirmation DPA/SAR.

What I just wanted to know was:

1. Whether or not this Insurance is actually the PPI and should I be paying it, it covers buildings insurance also ???(which I've only just noticed)

2. I went into hospital in October 2005 and when I contacted Welcome they told me that as it was a standard Op and not an Op relating to an accident that my policy would not cover that particular claim, would that mean then that part of the policy is pointless also?

Thanks a very confused Boo

;) Boobaby

Please hit the scales if you think I've helped!

Please note that advice given is purely my opinion and should be treated as such.

FAQ’s

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

HSBC Claim - August 2006 £2,700 paid November 2006

Halifax Claim - August 2006 £4,100 paid December 2006

GE Capital - August 2006 - settled

Log Book Loans - August 2007 - sorted

Hi Boobaby..

You have me Puzzled now..though that aint hard these days..lol. PPI which includes buildings Insurance I have to admit I havnt come across that before, but hey nothing would surprise me these days.

If you have the actual policy document you should be able to find out what they will actually cover.

Normal PPI will cover the following.

1. Sickness or Accident - This will cover your monthy payments normally

up to 12 Months.

2. Unemployment - Some policies do not cover Unemployment, so you have to read all the terms and conditions. Again usually covering up to 12 Months Payments.

If you access to a scanner I would like to have a look at this policy document. Then I may be able to answer you questions a bit better.

If you can scan it let me know and I will give you my email addy where you can send me a copy.. Obviously blank out any personnal details.

Ian

Lloyds TSB -PPI - Full refund . 05/09/06 :D:p (As Seen on TV) :p

Halifax settled in Full.. :D 22/09/06

TSB First Claim SETTLED IN FULL 19/10/06 :D

Second Claim to Lloyds TSB - Settled in Full

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

If my post has helped you, please click the scales! :grin:

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

Hi Boobaby..

You have me Puzzled now..though that aint hard these days..lol. PPI which includes buildings Insurance I have to admit I havnt come across that before, but hey nothing would surprise me these days.

If you have the actual policy document you should be able to find out what they will actually cover.

Normal PPI will cover the following.

1. Sickness or Accident - This will cover your monthy payments normally

up to 12 Months.

2. Unemployment - Some policies do not cover Unemployment, so you have to read all the terms and conditions. Again usually covering up to 12 Months Payments.

If you access to a scanner I would like to have a look at this policy document. Then I may be able to answer you questions a bit better.

If you can scan it let me know and I will give you my email addy where you can send me a copy.. Obviously blank out any personnal details.

Ian

I've probably got this all wrong as I've been a right muppet over the years with my finances. So sorted now though!! I think like a lot of people over the years though I never bothered reading the small print or listening to the salesman it was just a question of hearing - "Yes we'll give you a loan blah blah blah...this is what you have to pay blah blah blah...."

This is the last one I have to put right although no problems I just want to make sure I'm paying for the right stuff to the right people for the right amount of time etc...

Thanks Ian, but no access to a scanner. I'll have a look at the documents again later and see if I can work out what they've done etc...

Thanks for the response though.

Bev

;) Boobaby

Please note that advice given is purely my opinion and should be treated as such.

FAQ’s

Hi Bev,

No problem, If you get stuck at any time give me a shout and I will see if I can help clear it up for you. If you have the policy title and the insurance company name I may be able to find a copy of it online.

You are right about Finances too..Im down to my last 2 claims and hopefully once finished with them I will be sorted..lol.

I had another settlement on Friday which I seriously thought was going to be challenged in court , but they gave in..as a gesture of goodwill of course. I am hoping that the cheque arrives early next week so I can go into my local Lloyds TSB and pay it in...Cant wait to see what reaction I get when I go in..Me thinks I seriously ****ed em off with Last Nights performance on Trevor McDonald..lol. The denied my claims with vigour..lol But hey they still settled the claim without a fight..lol

Ian

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

Hi Bev,

No problem, If you get stuck at any time give me a shout and I will see if I can help clear it up for you. If you have the policy title and the insurance company name I may be able to find a copy of it online.

You are right about Finances too..Im down to my last 2 claims and hopefully once finished with them I will be sorted..lol.

I had another settlement on Friday which I seriously thought was going to be challenged in court , but they gave in..as a gesture of goodwill of course. I am hoping that the cheque arrives early next week so I can go into my local Lloyds TSB and pay it in...Cant wait to see what reaction I get when I go in..Me thinks I seriously ****ed em off with Last Nights performance on Trevor McDonald..lol. The denied my claims with vigour..lol But hey they still settled the claim without a fight..lol

Ian

Hi Ian

I watched Trevor last night with one eye so to speak, were your claims on the program???

With regard to the policy it is underwritten by Inter Partner Assistance SA who are a subsidiary of AXA Assistance. Insurance types - Welcome Homecare24 & Personal Accident which includes/covers - Home Assistance, Key Protection, Legal Protection and Medicare 24.

Why did I not read this policy before, tbh none of this makes any sense:?

Bev

;) Boobaby

FAQ’s

Hi Bev.. Yeah I was on Trevor on Friday night, I was the one that Upset Lloyds TSB..oops.. I was the one shown in the programme with the dogs.

Going by what your policy covers , it looks to me like a Personal Accident cover policy.

Hi Lancer,

When you submitted your SAR did you specifically ask for details on PPI policy etc. If you did and they did not provide it then I think a Failure to comply notice to them might get you some response ?.

Ian