Debt written off due to Carers Allowance?

davey77
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5317 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't that too much money.. as far as i am concerned banks are next to worthless lol

Halifax/Cabot thread now up and running:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank-bank-scotland/186913-davey-halifax-bos-cabot.html

:!: -Any advise I give is based purely on my own experience. It should not be solely relied upon as I am NOT a legal expert and any major decisions you make should not be based on my opinion alone -

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

Barclays - Monthly payments made

Cahoot - Agreement received, awaiting 2nd agreement after DCA.

MBNA1&2 - Agreements received. (Currently in limbo)

Halifax - Davey vs Halifax/Cabot

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Cap1 **WON** £1,500 Written Off Davey vs Cap1

Never Sign Anything

Hi Mightyacorn

Yes, it is frightening what these banks have been getting away with for years. I also think they won't get out of this mess they got there self in.

The funny thing is, is when you go in the Red with your account and phone them up to explain. You always get some person on the other end of the phone say please can you make sure you handle your account properly within the means of your budget.

Joke is the Banks cant even do that with there Budget.

Gaz

What really gets me, is the bail out bit. I wish some one would come to me and say, you've failed in your business but don't worry here is a couple of grand on loan, until better times come. Instead, all we get is, "You can't afford to pay that, ok, we'll add interest, charges, etc., so that it increases your debt, and then we'll take you to court becauseyou can't afford that either, get CCJ's etc.,and then add court costs, solicitor's fees etc, and then take your house, etc.," I wish I'd have listened to the careers officer when I was at school 40 years ago and become a boring Bank Manager

Yes i know a few people that are in business and struggling. No hand outs of cash for them thats for sure.

Oh I'm sure you wouldn't have a made a good Bank Manager. You sound far too honest! ;)

Just noticed... over 30,000 views of this thread! wow.

:!: -Any advise I give is based purely on my own experience. It should not be solely relied upon as I am NOT a legal expert and any major decisions you make should not be based on my opinion alone -

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

I like the new pop up windows that appear over well known words like Ombudsman. Which then says "for the most part, don't bother" lol. I couldn't agree more :rolleyes:

By the way, anyone know how reallymadwoman is. She hasn't been for a while.

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

And this one. The Banking Code.

"Follow this link to read the Banking Code in full.

Ofen ignored by its subscribers, half-heartedly monitored and poorly enforced"

Again, so very true!

(p.s Spelling mistake 'Ofen' isn't mine) :D

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

BBC NEWS | UK | Public 'must assert' data rights

So the ICO wants us to protect our data. I believe several thousand people on here have tried to do that in relation to the CRAs but the success rate isn't very high!

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

Yes i like the little boxes (and what they have to say.)

Well if the ICO want me to assert my data rights then that's exactly what i'll do :)

On another front this morning. Looks like i am not going anywhere with MBNA as the Solicitor says this doc is ok (Prescribed Terms in yellow). Shame. Hoping the illedgible aspect might come into play as you need a magnifying glass to see the wording properly but that's the way it goes.

Haven't heard from MBNA. In fact they never replied to the Solicitors request for information from the beginning of Feb so i will leave this alone for now and see if i get anything:

MBNA6-1.jpg

MBNA13.jpg

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

Im still waiting on confirmation of receipt of a complaint, that included a load of copy documents. I sent it to them recorded delivery, so best chase them up.

Thats a shame regarding MBNA! Are you going to proceed with this one yourself on the illegable aspect through the courts then?

No i don't think i will challenge this one JB. I think a document has to be totally unreadable, even partly, to have a good chance at having it squished at Court and although this one is small and not a brilliant copy it can be read. Just.

MBNA wrote twice in 2008 (nothing this year) and didn't even write after the FOS told them to 'get me' as it were. I will let sleeping dogs do their thing at the mo.

If they don't write then so be it. If they do they are getting a £1 a month as that's all i have at the mo (until i can save for a F&F.)

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

Hi Davey

That's mean of you, only paying MBNA a £1 a month lol.

I was paying them £1.01 till they stopped sending me my monthly statement lol.

Gaz

Ok you persuaded me. I may go up to £1.01p then as a gesture of my extravagance ;)

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

On another front this morning. Looks like i am not going anywhere with MBNA as the Solicitor says this doc is ok (Prescribed Terms in yellow). Shame. Hoping the illedgible aspect might come into play as you need a magnifying glass to see the wording properly but that's the way it goes.

Damn on a personal note that looks to have scuppered me too then as mine looks the same bar the fact you cant read the figures:( I notice mine was microfiched 4 months on from yours and they look to have improved there scanning.

£1.01p haha is that to muck up their accounting??

Good luck on the other threads which i'm following too...

Well i wouldn't give up just yet. I may try another couple of solicitors. As with Drs, you should always get a second opinion.

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

Hi, yes it's been an odd weekend here but the sun is shining. Yes thanks.. did get the email. Interesting stuff. I'm not very clued up on those regs specifically but i will look into it and see if it can take me anywhere. Thanks for those. ;)

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

Not sure if i can post a link to this site but it's worthwhile info for anyone with a direct debit with MBNA as they are messing people about. Surprise surprise:

MBNA rip-off | Moneymagpie

• Haha 1

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything