can i still take on egg, even though i have a CCJ against me through them ?

Richard Thomas
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6586 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i got an egg credit card about 3 years ago, with a credit limit of £4000, i genuinley thought id only spent £2500, the repayments were that high i couldnt pay them, thus cut a long story short i now have a CCJ against me through them, can i still claim back against them ?

Yes

Alan, Derby, UK.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Sorry, but I cannot deal with your case by PM - please ask questions in your own thread. If you do not get a reply within 48 hours send a PM, with a link to the relevant thread, to any Site Team Member.

DO NOT SEND QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR CLAIM TO ADMIN, or our WEBMASTER - YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE A REPLY.

Advice given is purely my opinion, and is not based on any legal training.

Way to go....i had a letter from egg solicitor, i posted the DPA to him asked if he would pass it on to his client, as i had no luck with them responding to my letters in the past, have not heard a thing yet hehe.!!

I also pointed out i had PPP with them and that they had failed to pay out after an accident i had whilst on holiday. So i have given them plenty to think about.

Once you get a result, i would be inclined to ask for a lower repayment one you can afford, with capped amount owing and the ccj set aside. And all defaults to be removed. If they go along with this your credit history will improve as you will have a record of steady reguler payments and thats what credit companies look for. Long winded i know but should work in your favour at the end of it.

Firstly they know these charges are unlawful, you need to do a few things here to get the debt collectors off your back. Write to them and tell them you dispute the actual amount owed and you are pursuing the repayment of unlawful

charges, and that you are going to write to the court to set judgement aside.

You can set judgement aside for serveral reason's, Include this copy of the letter to the court in with the debt collectors letter,

One reason is you accepted the full amount in the begining, and you have new information that you didnt have that you are now disputing some of the debt.

In other words you were not aware that the charges applied to your account were unlawful and that you could claim these back. Remember to keep copies of letters too.

I was in the same position Saturday and i spat venom down the phone to those nasty debt collectors because i now know about this site and the unlawful charges. I googled removal of ccjs and found out how to ask for judgement to be set aside. My letters went off this morning. Hope this is helpful.

Hi,

Thank you very much for the advise. I will get the debt collectors off of my back first. Would you be so kind and show me the link that showed you how to set judgement aside?

I will need to find a reason to set judgement aside but I think that just saying new information has become available to me informing me that the charges are unlawful will suffice.

once again thank you for the help

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 09 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6586 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks