Reliable Collections

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5447 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

send your S10 to the data controller ,

Reliable collections Ltd,

36 Houldsworth street

Manchester,

M1 1AG (that's their registered address)

Your letter not aknowledging the debt and for the telephone harrassment to:

Reliable collections Ltd.

P.O.box 268

Manchester

M99 1BD

and good luck.......let me know how you get on xxx:D

NatWest : £857.00 won! March/07

Natwest : Witholding my statements & adding defaults etc , S.A.R sent Jan/08

Natwest for my partner : £2,101.00 won! Feb/07

Studio Cards : Refund for admin charges £108 Won! Dec/07

Complaint made to FOS for P.P.I Jan/08

Nationwide: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent for statements Nov/07 ( waiting to see what happens in the OFT test case )

Littlewoods : defaulted on CCA request Feb/07

DCA's that crawled out from the woodwork and have crawled back : 28 so far!!

My favourite link on CAG:

Click here: Can't Find What You're Looking For? Here's A Complete A-z Index - The Consumer Forums

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ive done it and sent it recorded delivery which has gone up 4p! im keeping them in a folder so i know where everything is

additions direct-no CCA

marshall ward-no CCA

next-CCA turns up after they have committed offence,(30 days) S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) time!

monument -CCA not signed reported to TS for harrassment 1st letter sent TS are useless

associates visa-no CCA

think there might be a pattern here!?:lol:

GE Money- won

barclaycard-- N1 put into court

capital one - won

NatWest- won

never lose sight of your goal!

yes it could be a long journey! theyve phoned me 3 times today and im keeping a log of times and dates!

additions direct-no CCA

marshall ward-no CCA

next-CCA turns up after they have committed offence,(30 days) S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) time!

monument -CCA not signed reported to TS for harrassment 1st letter sent TS are useless

associates visa-no CCA

GE Money- won

capital one - won

NatWest- won

Well done Archer:D

Bet they didn't like it when you said this account is in dispute you goooooo girl!! The folders are a good idea I keep a folder for every seperate company now and staple everything they send me together my dining room corner looks like a busy office - it's amazing how much duff paperwork companies send out - they should be made to plant a tree for each customer:)

Hi darling :)

I've just been reading your threads ...did you eventually get the kitties trained lol!!

My cat just had two lovely kittens they're just two weeks old now and have just opened their eyes.

Nationwide: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent for statements Nov/07 ( waiting to see what happens in the OFT test case )

Click here: Can't Find What You're Looking For? Here's A Complete A-z Index - The Consumer Forums

yea i have a folder for each company now too.!i love kitties! mines 15yrs old now!

additions direct-no CCA

marshall ward-no CCA

associates visa-no CCA

GE Money- won

capital one - won

NatWest- won

Corrrrr that's an old kittie:D You must have looked after him/her really well!!

I hope you feel a bit better about everything now those horrid folks on the phone... I don't know how they sleep at night xxx

Hiya, yes my babies are now fully trained and now think that the garden is the greatest place ever. Just following this thread as I am having problems with Reliable Collections - Big time, so am hoping to pick up some pointers.

I think it would be helpful to everyone if you could post copies of all the letters that you have composed so that others can use them if that is ok by you.

Thanks in anticipation

darling

Hi Darling

No problem my scanners playing up at the minute but I'll hand type them in when I get 10 minutes spare:D

I'll pop the replies on that I've recieved too if it helps anyone that would be great because these are the only DCA's I've had real problems with the rest backed down after the CCA request.

caz have reliable collectoins actually left you alone now?

additions direct-no CCA

marshall ward-no CCA

associates visa-no CCA

GE Money- won

capital one - won

NatWest- won

Here goes this is my saga so far with reliable collections re: simply be.

I sent a CCA request with a £1 fee by recorded delivery and waited.

No letter came from them about this request for over a month but in this month I had 5 letters from them all varying in colour but basically saying the same thing "someone will call at your home from Nationwide doorstep recovery agents" "your behaviour is unnacceptable and will not be tolerated pay for the goods which have been delivered your payment plan is now terminated ( I hadn't ever had a payment plan).

On a Friday evening a guy knocked on the door saying he was from a debt recovery service and wished to collect payments I told him the account was in dispute I was not wishing to discuss it further and shut the door.

Three days later this letter was recieved from a Tracey Wagstaffe:

We thank you for your letter the contents of which we note.

In relation to your request for a copy of the executed agreement under section 78 of the consumer credit act .

We are familiar with this act and are therefore well aware that the debt is legally unenforceable if an executed agreement cannot be provided.

This does not however alter the fact that this is an unpaid debt that will therefore be recorded as a default on your credit file.This will remain for a period of six years and will affect your ability to obtain credit in the future.

Please confirm whether you are now willing to make any further payments to clear this account.We will hold the account for 28 days until we hear from you or until such time as a decision has been made.

(at this stage I was perfectly willing to be taken to court and as part of my defence I was going to ask for all the unfair charges levied on my account to be returned - this would clear the debt).

Four more demand notices fell through my letter box within 2 days of the above letter.

In response to the letter I wrote this:

Thankyou for your letter dated XXXX (a copy of which is enclosed to remind you of it's contents)

I do not aknowledge this debt and have never signed or entered into an agreement, therefore you are in numerous breaches of the data protection act and various sections of the consumer credit act, by still attempting to enforce a debt which you have already pointed out is legally unenforcable.

Enclosed are photocopies of letters recieved from your office - after your letter regarding my agreement request.This is seen as a criminal offence by the courts and is harrassment.

With the absence of the agreement you are still seeing fit to process my data which is a clear breach of the data protection act.

Attached to this letter is a copy of a statutory notice pursuant to sections 10 and 12 of the data protection act 1998 which has been posted to your registered office for the attention of the data controller and I will deem served once the letter as been signed for.

I require you remove all data you have stored on your systems regarding myself and desist in any contact with me either written or verbal regarding this debt.

If this is not carried out within 21 days of reciept of this letter I will make a full and comprehensive complaint to the OFT and information commisioner

yours faithfully Caz1974.

The notice I served on the data controller was:

Statutory Notice pursuant to sections 10 and 12

Of the Data Protection Act 1998

Data Subject Notice

To:The Data Controller

THEIR REGISTERED ADDRESS

DATA SUBJECT : MY FULL NAME

Whereas I have been a customer of Simply Be in the past I have never consented in any contract with you to the disclosure by you of certain data to third parties,at no time did I consent and neither was it within contemplation of the parties to the contract that I did consent by the processing by you of that data in any manner which would be unfair or inaccurate or which in any way would breech The Data Protection act 1998.

Therefore take notice that I require that you cease from processing withiin twenty one days of the receipt by you of this notice, or else that you do not begin to process any data of which I am the subject insofar as that processing or passing on personal data of which I am the subject to any third party and insofar as the said data relates wholly or in part to the implementation by you of alleged defaults or contractual breaches or breaches contrary to The Common Law.

This notice is given on the grounds that the processing or continued processing of you of the said data will be likely to affect my credit rating and my reputation and cause substantial damage and / or substantial distress to me and my family members in addition to that which has been caused to date.And that as the processing of the said data in the way referred to in this notice would violate both the principles and Data subjects rights of the data protection act 1998,to do so would be both unwarranted and unlawful

SIGNED

FULL NAME PRINTED

Dated this 2nd day of March in the year two thousand and seven

This was signed for over a month ago and not one letter since or phone call or knock on the door but as soon as anything falls through my letter box I will let you all know:)

They've left me alone for over a month now archer but I have a funny feeling they'll rear their heads again.

How have you gone on today have they stopped phoning yet?

yes today has been quiet! no phone calls from them at all! i only posted the letter yesterday as well. i shall be keeping all the letters theirs and mine in case they decide to come and haunt me in the future!i had a letter off moorcroft recently saying they were sending a collector to my door they wrote it twice.i told them i wouldnt be discussing it on the doorstep and as they were in default due to no agreement that a debt collector was supposed to hand the debt back to the originator and no further requests for payment should be made.they didnt turn up either!:D

additions direct-no CCA

marshall ward-no CCA

associates visa-no CCA

GE Money- won

capital one - won

NatWest- won

2 very good letters CAZ....Do you mind if i use them as i am having a little bit of hastle with (un)Reliable collections as well

FOR THE BENEFIT OF OUR FRIENDS IN THE NSA USING THE PRISM SYSTEM. HELLO FROM THE UK.

No problem :D They're there to help anyone and are just a suggestion to show everyone my own experience in the hope it might help out. Good luck

ARGGHH ive had 2 more letters from them demanding the money and a phone call this morning.im sending them a last letter telling them all the things they are doing wrong in the consumer credit act and the law.(what little i know!) ive told them this is the last letter.im reporting them to trading standards if i hear anything else

additions direct-no CCA

marshall ward-no CCA

associates visa-no CCA

GE Money- won

capital one - won

NatWest- won

Morning Archer :)

Remember to include a photocopy of the letter you sent them about the harrassing phone calls and point out that they have not complied with any of your previous requests.

I haven't heard anything back from them yet but I'm sure I will because they don't seem to follow any trading standards guidelines and are a law unto themselves.

Did they mention any of your letters in the phone call?......if they phone again just calmly tell them you do not aknowledge this debt and insist they send any further demands in writing.

I love BT's choose to refuse because it forces companies like this to send letters and gives you more evidence if you have to pursue the Trading standards route.

Hi Layla

To be honest I haven't had chance to check I'm going to send off for my credit files in about a months time because I've got a few other letters to similar companies to send out and by that time they should all have been delivered

hi caz,no i just politely told him i had asked for all phone calls to stop and that ive replied to their letter today and wasnt prepared to say anything else .im loggin the times tho.im waiting for a month to check my credit score cos ive got quite a few companies now with no agreement,and ive asked them to remove all data due to having no agreement to share it. have a nice holiday caz?

additions direct-no CCA

marshall ward-no CCA

associates visa-no CCA

GE Money- won

capital one - won

NatWest- won

Was lovely thanks Archer:)

I'll be glad when the kids go back though so we can get back into a routine (not that I don't love having them around) but it feels like they've been off school forever!

yea thats true,im glad i only have the 2 at home now :p .its great with not rushing to get them out in the morning but my little 3yr old doesnt like coming to work with me and everything takes longer! prob is theyre off in a few weeks again!

additions direct-no CCA

marshall ward-no CCA

associates visa-no CCA

GE Money- won

capital one - won

NatWest- won

Eeeeek! don't remind me they're off school more than they're at school lately:)

Ooooo I had a letter from reliable collections this morning stating they are going to call at my house on Wednesday between 6 and 9.

I rang them straight away and :

1 the woman who answered refused to give me her name

2 I asked why they hadn't complied with my CCA request (no answer)

3 I asked why they were processing data that they were not allowed to do - without my permission (no answer)

4 She then hung up

If anyone does come on Wednesday I'll have my letters ready to hand them and I'm going to get them to sign a reciept for them:) Then I'll ask them politely to leave! Lol I knew they'd come back to me in some way!

lol yep you got the same letter as i got! i sent a recorded delivery letter saying all the things you said on the phone and i told them i would not give my permission to call at my house.i waited on the wednesday and no one came! i was ready to give them an earful!

additions direct-no CCA

marshall ward-no CCA

associates visa-no CCA

GE Money- won

capital one - won

NatWest- won