Citi Cards - Cabot

Jeff2000
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4478 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Nice one. We'll all be dying to see what happens their. Seems to me that if Citi wash their hands of the DUTIES, then surely those duties pass on assignment to the new owner.

Although latest lettrs from Cabot seem to omit their assertion that the duties are not assigned to them. I wonder if common sense is beginning to pervade the offices over in Kings Hill. :eek:

Hello all,

Yes, it would be good to get something in writing from Citi!

Regarding those latest letters from Cabot, I've noticed their change of stance, but I've still seen one where they still do not admit to being the creditor!

Jeff.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello all,

I've now received a reply from Citi about my CCA request for the second account.

It's similar, but not identical, to the first letter. The one in post 42.

In the first letter there is a slight implication that Cabot now have the responsibility to supply a CCA.

In the second letter there is no longer any mention of Cabot!

Do you think they may have realised that they have dropped their mates in it?

Jeff.

Shows they read these threads and learn, I think. Just a pity they don't take everything on board.

I was thinking we should get a few more converts to our cause. Once my RBS cash is in, I think I;m going to take out an add in our local press to advertise CAG. With an emphasis on the debt purchasing industry. In FACT. I've just had a thought. The business correspondent for our local TV news might be interested in this. And she has relatives next door to us. I think I'm going to have a word with her. Hmmmm. Why didn't I think of this before?

I beleive that technically that is correct. However they HAVE to respond to a SAR which should give you this information anyway. Make sure you particularly ask for it to be included in your SAR. More than one way of skinning a cat (don't know why i use that remark...I love cats, wouldn't dream of skinning one).

This is an interesting thread, but i'm still in a dilema how to proceed with my claim against Cit as they've responded to my lba with this para on the the end of the letter;

'I am unable to agree to refund any such monies. Furthermore, if you have paid any sumson a sold debt to a debt agency, itmust be aparent that you have paid a thrid party and not my client, therefore you have no claim to recover sums paid to a third party from my client.'

yet, i've cc'd the DCA (hillesden) in on all the letters sent to Citi and their response is 'we have forwarded your request and original letter direct to our client citifinancial. They will investigate your enquiry and will respond directly to you with regards this matter.

So it seems as far as the DCA is concerned they don't own the debt that Citi say they do. So I think i'll proceed with the mcol now.

Barclays Bank

13/9/06 - ACCEPTED HALF ON BOTH A/Cs

HSBC

21/10/06 - SETTLED IN FULL

Preferred Mortgages

11/8/06 - prelim let sent - redemption fee

12/07 - case dropped

Halifax B/S

2/07 settled in full

Halifax visa card

MCOL due

Citicards & Hillesden

2/07 Data Protection Act & CCA let sent

3/07 Prelim let sent

4/07 LBA sent

Barclaycard

04/07 offer received for 1/3 - refused

Argos Card services

Half offered - refused

PPI Claims:

8/12 MBNA Loan settled in full

7/12 Barclayloan settled in full

9/12 Liverpool Victoria settled in full

7/12 Barclaycard claim rejected

I've just noticed...

IT'S SIGNED BY A DATA PROTECTION OFFICER!!!!!!!

I'd go buy yourself some cast iron underpants, Richard me old son. And I'd invest in a bottle of shower gel.. Just so you don't accidentally drop the soap. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Now if Cabot could try dropping themselves in the poo in a similar fashion, I'd be eternally grateful. ;)

'I am unable to agree to refund any such monies. Furthermore, if you have paid any sumson a sold debt to a debt agency, itmust be aparent that you have paid a thrid party and not my client, therefore you have no claim to recover sums paid to a third party from my client.'

Proceed with the MCOL. Citi should refund these charges to you and not the DCA as it is refunding it to you not unjustly enriching you. Ignore these people. MCOL away.

Also the DCA says that Citi is their client this means they are just acting as an extra way of frightening you and the debt hasn't been sold on. Good luck.

I've just noticed...

IT'S SIGNED BY A DATA PROTECTION OFFICER!!!!!!!

I'd go buy yourself some cast iron underpants, Richard me old son. And I'd invest in a bottle of shower gel.. Just so you don't accidentally drop the soap. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Now if Cabot could try dropping themselves in the poo in a similar fashion, I'd be eternally grateful. ;)

Hi,

Yep, they're both signed by the same person!!!:)

Jeff.

cheers Rhia, that's what I thought. I've got 4 claims on-going at present; and this is the trickiest, taking up alot time, did'nt realise it would be so TIRING.

Barclays Bank

13/9/06 - ACCEPTED HALF ON BOTH A/Cs

HSBC

21/10/06 - SETTLED IN FULL

Preferred Mortgages

11/8/06 - prelim let sent - redemption fee

12/07 - case dropped

Halifax B/S

2/07 settled in full

Halifax visa card

MCOL due

Citicards & Hillesden

2/07 Data Protection Act & CCA let sent

3/07 Prelim let sent

4/07 LBA sent

Barclaycard

04/07 offer received for 1/3 - refused

Argos Card services

Half offered - refused

PPI Claims:

8/12 MBNA Loan settled in full

7/12 Barclayloan settled in full

9/12 Liverpool Victoria settled in full

7/12 Barclaycard claim rejected

• 3 months later...
Hi again Seahorse,

I've just had a read of that case. I must say, it's the first time I've heard of claiming the charges off the new owners of a debt!

Well this could be interesting. Has I haven't started legal action against Citi cards for either account, I guess this could be the road I should go down.

As well as claiming back charges, I also have issues concerning PPI!

Oh, poor Cabot!

Regards, Jeff.

JEff

Any update re F.I.R.E (who we all know to be Cabot in disguise) and your 'problem' ?

Just hate every DCA out there

JEff

Any update re F.I.R.E (who we all know to be Cabot in disguise) and your 'problem' ?

Hello pmhcfc,

Never heard a dicky bird from FIRE since the one and only attempt to extract unlawful payments!

Haven't heard anything from Cabot since I CCA'd them!

I have had no reply from Citi either. (I was trying to get confirmation as to who now had the duties). It would seem that they do not want to admit that Cabot now have the duties as well as the rights.

Regards, Jeff.

Hello pmhcfc,

Never heard a dicky bird from FIRE since the one and only attempt to extract unlawful payments!

Haven't heard anything from Cabot since I CCA'd them!

I have had no reply from Citi either. (I was trying to get confirmation as to who now had the duties). It would seem that they do not want to admit that Cabot now have the duties as well as the rights.

Regards, Jeff.

Thanks for that Jeff - nice to know that Cabot continue to **** things up...Hope youre keeping yourself up to date with the latest Cabot goings on...

Just hate every DCA out there

Thanks for that Jeff - nice to know that Cabot continue to **** things up...Hope youre keeping yourself up to date with the latest Cabot goings on...

Hi,

Oh yes!

I'm an avid fan!!!:)

Jeff.

• 2 months later...

I am "Newborn" after reading all the posts on this and other threads on this site. After first falling into difficulties 4 years ago I swore to recover my position and repay what I owed. But the treatment I received (and am receiving) at the hands of some of these companies drove me to near self-harm, so I now consider it open season on their distinctly malodious pratices!

I now would advocate a total overhaul of debt practice under the guidance of 'reasonable care' of the lender to not overlend. This should include a definitive and descriptive route of redress for both lender and borrower that is totally transparent with absolute time limits for each stage of action. I would also outlaw the dubious practice of selling debt on (which could actually be outside EU law because of the timescales and uncertainty involved). This would encourage lenders to scutinise each loan application in detail before throwing money at people or have the absolute certainty of losing their money.

Yours gratefully and for discussion .... Newborn

Beaten:

RBS: £4,500

AMEX: £4,200

Barclaycard Visa: £12,100

Barclaycard M/Card: £12,600

(Including the numerous DCAs they have set on me.)

PPI reclaims (into my bank account): £25,000

I am a new man!!!

Inspired!! you betcha....

This site has got to be one of the most informative, entertaining, uplifting sites i have come across in a long while.

I am sick of these DCA coming down like a ton of bricks on the little guy. They do not realise/care that the tactics they use and promote are scary/demeaning/down right awful.

Well no more!! Not with me.. I have had enough!

When i got into trouble 4 years ago i turned to all my institutions (banks, credit card companies etc) for help and they all pretty much slammed the door in my face. Fast forward to now and i am battling with 4 different DCA and have taken everything they have said as gospel.

It cannot carry on like this surely. There has got to be a better, more ethical way for these companies to conduct themselves.

(i know money and ethics do not go together) But the law either needs rehashing or completely changing.

Sorry about my rant but i am sick to death of these multimillion pound dragons trying to eat everyone in there way.

I was close to declaring myself bankrupt not long ago but since coming on here i have found new spirit to help me fight back.

Just like Rocky said "That's it, i aint going down no more Mick, i aint gettin knocked down no more"

Dave

Read all about it my friend, join us in empowering yourself to turn the tide..rant no more, collect up your angers and frustrations, pool them into action, read the threads, regain your life - these guys are beat and they are on a hasty retreat. Check out your paperwork, make sure everything you do is recorded and backed up, check the dca's send them CCA letters, stop their phone calls with the harassment letters and join in the carnage...welcome aboard.

Hello,

Welcome to Newborn and Dav3yboy.

Yes it's time for you to regain control and stop being pushed around by these very simple people!

Basically follow andrew1's advice, start sending them letters etc. Read plenty of threads and ask those burning questions. Plenty of people here to help!

Good luck, Jeff.

• 4 months later...

Hi all,

Still not heard a dicky bird regarding the two previously mentioned accounts. Still no CCA agreements. So I suspect that they no longer exist!;)

But, recently I have had another letter from Cabot regarding another account that they have purchased. The account number mentioned in their letter rings a bell but it is supposed to be in relation to a Goldfish account. Now I have never had a Goldfish account of any sort at all. So, could this be another account that was from another company owned by Goldfish and if so, who might it be?

Accompanying the letter from Cabot was another letter on Goldfish headed paper claiming to be a notice of assignment. Now I don't believe for one minute that this letter is actually from Goldfish!

All thoughts are very welcome.

Regards, Jeff.

Hello,

Bare with it... Trust me, i sent my cca request in november 07. Since then they have been sending me payment request after payment request...

But no credit agreement.... This is funny...

On saturday morning i collected my post and the first letter was.... A payment request signed by Chris somebody or other (head of something at cabot)

In the envelope next, I found a letter from cabot stating they have been unable to get the requested information from the original lender and therefor will no longer attempt to collect on this account, signed by the same bloke!!!

Re-arrange these words:- elbow, don't, bottom, their, from, know, their... This is Cabot.

Don't worry about it, it will come!!!

Once again confirms the view that these people should NOT hold a license of any sort to be involved in, or to collect, debt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Newborn

Beaten:

RBS: £4,500

AMEX: £4,200

Barclaycard Visa: £12,100

Barclaycard M/Card: £12,600

(Including the numerous DCAs they have set on me.)

PPI reclaims (into my bank account): £25,000

Hello,

Bare with it... Trust me, i sent my cca request in November 07. Since then they have been sending me payment request after payment request...

But no credit agreement.... This is funny...

On Saturday morning i collected my post and the first letter was.... A payment request signed by Chris somebody or other (head of something at Cabot)

In the envelope next, I found a letter from Cabot stating they have been unable to get the requested information from the original lender and therefor will no longer attempt to collect on this account, signed by the same bloke!!!

Re-arrange these words:- elbow, don't, bottom, their, from, know, their... This is Cabot.

Don't worry about it, it will come!!!

Hi everyone,

Oh! I'm not worried in the slightest, as I've already been through the usual runaround with this lot!

I just wondered which companies come under the Goldfish umbrella, or which group of companies does Goldfish come under? That's all.

I will wait until they contact me again and then send off a CCA request!

Meanwhile, thanks for every ones comments and input.

Regards, Jeff.