NATWEST and DATA PROTECTION ACT COMPLIANCE - READ THIS

BankFodder
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4214 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest NATTIE

Just to add to this post there has been a change in the address which Subject Access Requests have to be sent to which i am aware this site has details of. The SAR themselves are taking between 3 to 4 weeks due to the volume of requests being sent in. Hope that helps people with timescales.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

My fisrt post on this forum, just starting on the long haul v. natwest!!!

Can anyone help my rather thick skull and provide the definitive addres for the DPA letter? I've got two similar ones, but want to get it right from the start......

Cheers

Guest PelhamJamesJnr

hi there could you explain the phrase Goggaburn address for data subject request letters becuase i'm about to send three of these to my local branch.

I had a reply from nat west saying that the fee was five pounds and returning my fee I re sent with new cheque , the collection agency says that Nat west have no knowledge of my request any ideas please

Guest NATTIE

ok, this seems to be an ask Nattie thread. Ok Goggarburn is where the DPA requests used to go livelylad has a thread above this one where the new address is now.Bona, Collections agency would not have been given details as it is against DPA.

Samivel

Not sure if this is correct but originally I sent my letter and schedule to my branch but it woudl appear that they have forwarded it onto a Mr Stuart Higley whose address is Ground Floor,National Westminster House,225 Shenley Road,Borehamwood WD6 1TE.

As such I suggest that you send your letter and schedule to him.But be prepared for a wait as I wrote to him on 1st March and have not heard anything from him-as such I have issued a claim agiainst Nat West via MCOL.

Keep us all posted as to how you get on.

PPMAN159

If this comment has helped please click on the scales.

It's strange, but in my initial letter to natwest, I said that I expected them to send me a list of all charges applied to my account within 14 days, and I recieved 2 copies of my statements going back to when I opened my account about a week later... Without being charged anything...

I think that for the vast majority of the time Nat West do not know what they are doing from one day to the next-so far they have sent me three sets of duplicate statements and each set has arrived in a nice brown envelope that was falling to bits.So much for Data Protection!

PPMAN159

Yes. I thought I must have bought something from ebay.. Or a letter bomb. I wonder if those lovely brown envelopes are a cost cutting measure.. I'm sure they must have spent more on legal costs covering my case than what I am claiming.. Just out of principle I will change my bank account once this is all over, but any high street bank must be exactly the same no?

I only have experience with Nut West so cannot comment on other banks.

The only was to find out who seems best is to maybe look through some of the other threads on CAG to see what other people think-this may help you in your decision making.

PPMAN159

:confused: Hi every1 newbie er just so I get this rite I send the data protec letter to :Retail Regulatory Risk in Edinburgh ? I do bank with Fatwest bank or can i drop it into my local branch?:confused:

:rolleyes: Sorry in advance for being a Homer Simpson "Doh!" :confused:

[SIZE=4][COLOR=blue]To know your limits you must go beyond them......:cool: [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Dr

People on this site are now suggesting that you send your SAR letter to the 135 Bishopsgate address as they seem to be handling these requests.

As always, keep us posted on your progress

PPMAN159

Hi there, I wrote a letter requesting the charges on my account back and addressed it to the branch manager where my two accounts are held. I got a letter back a week later from customer relations saying that they would send all the staatements free of charge. I got them a few days later.

I've since been in touch with them becuase of the lack of update and last week was told that the fsa were allowing them 8 weeks to sort out each claim and that they had my details and would get to them. This saturday I called again and now they don't have my details, including all the statements that I returned to them through their internal mail system. I am going to be calling them tomorrow and pointing out they have three weeks of their 8 weeks left to sort it and that losing personal sensitive data is a serious breach of the data protection act. I have a feeling that I'm just going to go straight to county court proceedings....might make them move a bit quicker!

• 2 weeks later...

I got statements going back to 1995!!

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

un1boy v Equifax - Default removal

un1boy vs Experian - Default removal

Hi Babble

Another case of the banks saying that they have 8 weeks to reply to you.

I am still under the impression that they have 14 days from receipt of the LBA to respond to you-if they do not them you can start the court proceedings.

I would be tempted to start the proceeedings now rather than wait a futher few weeks-whose to say that they will actually come up with anything.

Why should we dance to their tune?

PPMAN159

Hi PPMAN159,

Well I've been over the FSA website with a fine toothcomb and can't find anything to corroborate the banks' story that they've been given 8 weeks to sort each case out so I think it's yet another stalling tactic.

I have been back on to them and they are insisting that they haven't received my statements etc. They guy I spoke to became quite shirty about it so I wrote a stern letter to the bank manager and handed it in at the branch the same day. They've got till the 21st of April (14 days) to sort it all out otherwise court papers. I think I may have to include the 'economic harm' case to it to see what they do. Thats what the solicitor who took them to court did and they offered him compensation. Shame the judge today decided to adjourn the case till the end of the month.

Further updates will follow!

David

Guest NATTIE

I have posted in the bank workers site what the 8 weeks bit is all about. Which section does everybody read? Come on there is a link specifically which could explain why 8 weeks has been quoted. Ok, my name is NATTIE the bank workers section is called "A word from the banks" and the title has something in which has two of the key words " 8 weeks". Feel free to put the link on here but i have seen this a billion times and posted in a section that i thought some may read. Can someone put the link to the thread on here which has the link which may be found on the FOS(Financial Services Ombudsman) website. They deal with complaints against, please do not be shocked by this word, BANKS.

Hi Nattie,

The person I spoke to at the Natwest customer relations unit said it was the FSA which had given them 8 weeks. The FSA have a bit more power than the FOS which is probably why she said it and also she probably also knows that if you don't follow or use the FOS there is no comeback but if you ignore guidelines set by the FSA then a court is likely to look down on this. The banks know full well that the FOS is a complete waste of time and can do nothing to them. It is like most UK regulators/ ombudsman, they have little or no power, are staffed by people from the industry and have limited funds to undertake prosecutions. Whereas the FSA can take action and have more powers and can refer directly to the OFT.

• 1 month later...

I'd say, AFAIK that £10 is the standard fee as laid down in law but in my experience you might not even have to spend that. I just called up the number mentioned earlier in the thread, spoke to a helpful american/canadian girl and afew days later all my statements arrived free of charge :D

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4214 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks