Late mother removed from title deeds to prevent inheritance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 346 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It sounds like there is a lot at stake here for you and your sister, whether you have retained, or can retain, your share of the house. Personally I would not rely solely on the opinions of anonymous strangers online, none of whom are qualified property lawyers with that amount at risk.  Drafting any form of wording to be added to the Land Registry deeds needs professional expertise if you are to get it right. I advise you to consult a solicitor before taking any action.

Who has told you that you " have to write an objection to anything else being changed on the deeds"?

I'm confused. If you have a solicitor working with you already why don't you ask them? They are presumably familiar with what has happened and have read all the documents. And drafting the few sentences needed for the objection shouldn't be a large or expensive piece of work.  Bread and butter stuff for them I'd have thought.

• Like 2

Someone here may be able to help but not me I'm afraid.  I have no experience or expertise in drafting Land Registry objections.

Incidentally I assume in your research you have discovered that the wordings of the Standard Forms of Restriction are included in legislation? Schedule 4 of The Land Registration Rules 2003. (I am not guaranteeing that is the latest version.)

WWW.LEGISLATION.GOV.UK

These Rules are made under the Land Registration Act 2002 (2002 c. 9) (the Act). The Act repeals the Land Registration Act 1925 (1925 c. 21). These...

The expertise is in choosing the correct Form and getting it right in the specifics that you have fill in.