Parking Eye PCN for shopping over 1 hr - Lidl carpark Worthing ***Cancelled by Lidl***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 360 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The PCN does not comply with the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 which governs the regulations for private car parks. Under Schedule 4 S9 [2][e]  

(e)state that the creditor does not know both the name of the driver and a current address for service for the driver and invite the keeper—

(i)to pay the unpaid parking charges; or

(ii)if the keeper was not the driver of the vehicle, to notify the creditor of the name of the driver and a current address for service for the driver and to pass the notice on to the driver

As virtually nothing of the above appears on the PCN it means that the keeper is not liable to pay the debt-only the driver can be pursued.

As they do not know who was driving they will have their work cut out should they go to court since the Court does not accept that the keeper and the driver are the same person.

• dx100uk changed the title to Parking Eye PCN for shopping over 1 hr - Lidl carpark Worthing

That is strange as it has worked in the past.

In that case you can either ring their switchboard [number below] and ask for his new email .

0800 977 7766

Or you can write to  customer.services@lidl.co.uk

• Like 1

I am not quite sure how it is possible to know that visitors to the town centre are abusing the parking  though I am sure that many more will be genuine Lidl shoppers..

I have noticed that when I go shopping at a local Lidl they have a scanner system where you register your till receipt and enter ones car vrm  I don't get a PCN even though I am over the time limit. Does help that I spend a fair bit of money there perhaps.

If you spent a fair amount there or are a regular shopper there and pay by card Lidl should be able to check that so might be worth going back to their Customer disservice and stating that you are unhappy with Lidl since PE is one of the most litigious rogues and will rarely cancel tickets .

On another note perhaps you could try writing again to Mr McDonell without including the receipt. Just telling him how much you spent and say you have kept the receipt as proof and you are a regular customer with Lidl but it hardly seems worth shopping there if you are constantly getting PCNs for £100.

There are many other supermarkets that you can go to. But do it nicely and politely. You catch more flies with molasses than vinegar as the saying goes.

I would try that before going to the review page . If it still doesn't work then really blast them in the review section.

Sometimes the rogues don't take motorists to court at all-probably because they think they will probably lose. Unlikely to be the fact that they don't need the money.🙂

Another reason could be that the motorist has won and doesn't want to come back and tell us to avoid making a contribution. Other times they have missed the Court hearing and lost or just lost anyway- perhaps the Judge took a contrary view. These are just some of the reasons but it is frustrating when we don't know the outcome.  

It is good to get the feedback from the hearing win or lose. If a win then we know that a particular reason that didn't appear to us to be the strongest argument was the winner. Equally we can glean reasons how to improve cases that were lost so the next similar case can be more successful.

We cannot win them all but that is what we aim to do. In your case you have three options.

1] pay them

2] appeal to Lidl

3' wait and see if the have the courage to take you to court. They don't always and there doesn't seem much point in poking them to take you to Court. Just keep your head down and hope they ignore you. 

• Like 1

If you are a regular visitor to Lidl and often pay by card you can show that you are a good customer that they should want to keep. 

That you were there to shop  and therefore a good customer. you were not parked there to go shopping somewhere else.

You like shopping there but as there are so many items of of interest  one hour is not long enough especially  if  a] you are no longer as young as you were or b] disabled in some way that slow you down or c ] you were unwell when there   or d] you weren't even there as you weren't the driver and give reason why the driver overstayed.

Politicians have brought out a new Code of Conduct for what they call "the rogues" but you know one of them as Parking Eye who are more interested in making money out of Lidl customers than running a proper monitoring system  to control non Lidl shoppers.

PE have not complied with the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 which means they cannot transfer the charge from the driver to me the keeper. I was not the driver so am very unhappy at being pursued by PE for something I am not liable for.

There is very little point in appealing to PE since they are reluctant to cancel PCNs .

Suggest that you show the letter to your CEO since you would hope that he would see the common sense in cancelling the PCN for a genuine regular customer.

Something along those lines.  I am not fond of threatening them when hoping to get a positive result.

• Thanks 1

• FTMDave changed the title to Parking Eye PCN for shopping over 1 hr - Lidl carpark Worthing ***Cancelled by Lidl***