Zenith Cancelled My Policy And Then Claimed I Owed Them Outstanding Amount inc fees

mystic_bertie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 394 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If you made a claim in any particular policy year and you pay your premiums monthly, then when the claim is paid out you will become contractually liable to pay the unpaid balance of the annual premium.

You entered into a contractual arrangement for them to provide you with insurance cover in return for you paying them an annual premium.  They've kept their side of the bargain by paying out on both your claims, now you need to keep your side of that bargain by paying the outstanding premium.  Whether you think they've messed you about or not is neither here nor there.

It's quite likely they won't sue you, but they are almost certainly legally entitled to do so and they would almost certainly win.

I'm all for enforcing consumer rights but sometimes consumers need to be reminded they have responsibilities too.  Especially if what they do has the potential effect of pushing up premiums for others.

• Haha 1