MID wrongly says no insurance. Given producer

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 396 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello folks. 

I got pulled over the other day and given a producer because the vehicle is showing up as no insurance. 

I got the vehicle in Jan so it's been insured since then

- I have the money deducted from my account and the confirmation paperwork from the insurer. 

I realise it's me feeling cantankerous about being pulled when it's not my mistake (I don't look after/update the database) and I was just wondering if I could avoid having to go in with my paperwork.

I think you were fortunate to have been given a producer. Most drivers whom the police suspect of driving uninured these days see their vehicle seized and go home on the bus. 

Just take your Certificate of Insurance to your nominated police station and provided it is in order that will be the end of the matter. What else did you have in mind?

Not sure entirely, but when he said it's showing as no insurance I told him I can play him the phone conversation with Churchill or he could contact them directly and ask if he suspected me of having committed the offence.  I'm insured, I'm not breaking any laws.  If he suspects me of a crime he can try prosecuting me if he wants.  I just didn't want to have to help him to update their records.

It maybe helped that I had the family in the car with me.

V5C is correct too isn't it?

go up online and down load your policy docs 

check them with a fined tooth comb.

pop along and produce them.

job done.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...