Natuzzi Italia, Edinburgh - Leather Recliner Sofa Damaged on Delivery - Refused refund for faulty sofa

JFG
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 397 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We purchased a leather recliner sofa on 7 January.  It arrived on 28 February, the right hand side was broken - the recliner mechanism is damaged.   The delivery men took videos and photos and sent to an app.  I phoned the shop.  I asked for the sofa to be returned there and then and a full refund.  The technician had to come out and inspect it.  He did and agreed that it was within our rights to get a refund.   The company have come back to us and said they will repair the goods.   How do we get a refund?  We have quoted the Consumer Rights Act 2015.    We paid in Cash.  Deposit in store, remainder, 3 days before delivery, through our bank account.    Please help, I don't know what else to do.   

We purchased a leather recliner sofa on 7 January.

It arrived on 28 February, the right hand side was broken - the recliner mechanism is damaged.  

The delivery men took videos and photos and sent to an app.  I phoned the shop.  

I asked for the sofa to be returned there and then and a full refund.  The technician had to come out and inspect it.

He did and agreed that it was within our rights to get a refund.  

The company have come back to us and said they will repair the goods.  

How do we get a refund?  

We have quoted the Consumer Rights Act 2015.    We paid in Cash.

Deposit in store, remainder, 3 days before delivery, through our bank account.  

Please help, I don't know what else to do.   

Edited by BankFodder
Restructured in order to make it readable

Firstly, please can you structure your posts so they are well spaced rather than a solid block of text.

Solid blocks of text are difficult for people to follow especially on small screens such as telephones.

You haven't told us the name of the company. Is there some reason for this?

Natuzzi Italia, Edinburgh - Leather Recliner Sofa Damaged on Delivery 

WWW.NATUZZI.COM

We bought a sofa on 9 January - paid a deposit in store

Sofa arrived 8 weeks early on 28 February

We paid the remaining balance by bank transfer 3 days before it arrived

It was broken - the recliner mechanism on the right side does not work properly

The delivery men took photos and videos of the fault and imported it to an App

I phoned the shop and spoke to customer services.    

I wanted the delivery men to take the sofa away - they were not allowed to

I wanted a full refund as the sofa was so damaged

The technician from the company had to come and inspect it

He did and was stating in his report that we wanted a full refund

After many phone calls and emails we have been told that it srepairable and Natuzzi will not be refunding us

I know we are entitled to a refund under Consumer Rights Act 2015 but the company does not agree

What do I do now

Thank you 

• dx100uk changed the title to Natuzzi Italia, Edinburgh - Leather Recliner Sofa Damaged on Delivery - Refused refund for faulty sofa

You have the right to a repair or a refund or replacement – at your option if a defect manifests itself within the first 30 days.

The item was delivered on 28 February so you have until 28 March.

You have to assert your right to this 30 day short-term right to reject in writing. I see that you say that you have referenced the consumer rights act already but have you put it to them in writing

Received an email this morning from Natuzzi to say

they will give us a full refund and will pick up the sofa.    

It has taken daily (28) emails and daily phone calls to get to this position.    

Thank you for your help.

Please find attached the final letter we sent on Saturday.   All contents in it are true. 

I hope they will be of help to other people who are going through what we have.   

Here are the pdf documents resent for refund 

• Like 1