Ebay sale of Canon 1DX camera £736 - DPD delivery to wrong address . PAPLOC. Claimform issued.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 245 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Probably too long winded as usual. Previously you indicated  it would/might be disadvantageous to approach dpd but wait until nearer an expected Court Date. The Notes pdf was an attempt to explain why I intend to deviate from your advice. The query to dpd.pdf is the text of the communication I intend to send to dpd which is amended from the one posted a short while ago.

The quote in blue was bringing you up to date with where the application for a Transcript  request re hearing on 15th August 2023. 

Hope that makes sense. 

I am back at my desk – and don't have to use a telephone.

The message from the "Transcription Agency" – I take it, is the result of a contact from you asking them what has happened to the transcript and they have kindly copied you into a message which they have sent to the court. Is that correct?

This is the transcript of the decision which was made in your pre-trial hearing??

Your notes documents represents your feelings about how your approach to the revelation of the Packlink document should be handled. This correct?

I think it would be helpful if you would post this kind of thing as normal into a post in the thread rather than a separate PDF document. We would normally expect PDF documents to be some kind of official document or something which was sourced outside the thread.

The query to DPD document – is the same. This is a document containing your own thoughts which would be much easier to deal with and less confusing if you could simply post them on the thread in the normal way. Once again, posting them as a separate document would normally suggest that they are some official document or something which has been sourced outside the forum.

In terms of your feelings about how the information relating to the Packlink terms and condition should be revealed, I agree that they shouldn't be held on to the last moment. I agree that the court should not be misled – but I think that they can be held on to for a lot longer and certainly not revealed yet. We should wait for the Farooq transcript which I hope will be along in September.
In fact I was going to suggest to you that you might be kind enough to make your own separate application for that transcript from the judge. We will supply you with all the details and you can explain that the transcript has been specifically requested by a judge in your own case. This should move it along.

Of course we will pay the cost of the transcript. If it is an original copy then I expect it won't cost more than between 50 and 75 quid. If it is simply a copy of a case which has already been transcribed then it will only be a tenner or so.

It will be helpful if you could post the contents or at least the summaries of those two PDF documents into a post. I would like to remove the PDFs because they are confusing to other people who might visit this thread and also make following the story very much more lumpy

Replies .... see red TEXT

The message from the "Transcription Agency" – I take it, is the result of a contact from you asking them what has happened to the transcript and they have kindly copied you into a message which they have sent to the court. Is that correct? YES

This is the transcript of the decision which was made in your pre-trial hearing?? YES

Your notes documents represents your feelings about how your approach to the revelation of the Packlink document should be handled. This correct? YES

We should wait for the Farooq transcript which I hope will be along in September. OK I will delay contacting DPD

In fact I was going to suggest to you that you might be kind enough to make your own separate application for that transcript from the judge. We will supply you with all the details and you can explain that the transcript has been specifically requested by a judge in your own case. This should move it along. I am happy to do this.

I will precis the previous pdf and post directly.

I have now received notification of a  Full hearing set for 4th December.

Preparing for that hearing I have found a document on Ebay that states quite clearly that anyone using the Ebay/Packlink service to select a specific carrier  referred to as a Transport Agency  automatically enters into a Contract with the Transport Agency not Packlink when they signup as described in the document and pay the carriage charge. 

See my message of the 29th August 12.35 which has a link to the document on Ebay.

A short extract is quoted below. It is well worth reading the whole document as the relationship between the USERS ( ie people taking up one of the various options provided) and Transport Agencies is spelled out quite clearly in more than one place.

(b) Packlink is a package dispatch search engine that acts as an intermediary between its Users and Transport Agencies. Through the Website, Users can check the prices that different Transport Agencies offer for shipments and contract with the Transport Agency that best suits their needs on-line