Evri delivers wrong parcel to ebay purchaser and then tries to return the wrong parcel to me

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 424 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Infrequent Ebay Seller but sold a Nikon D7200 DSLR Camera on Ebay for £450 plus £25 postage to an elderly pensioner (like me). I am unfamiliar with Ebay postage and knew nothing about packlink. I paid  £25 for £500 insured postage on a medium parcel weighig 5 kils to what I thought was Evri. I took the parcel with attached label to my local Premier Evri Parcel drop off. I got a receipt and the parcel was collected by Evri a few hours later from the shop. The parcel I sent never arrived at its Mansfield, Nottingham destination. Evri attended the customer's address 48 hrs later 13.08 hrs Sun 12 MAR and handed him a plastic mailbag containing a ladies dress. He is an elderly widower and rejected the parcel on opening it and the courier took it away. The customer contacted me and it appears that the parcel I sent has been lost, mid-delivered  or stolen whilst in possession of Evri. If you have purchased postage thru Ebay, Evri will not speak to you on the phone. The tracking information obtained from evri is incorrect as its shows a female courier attending the address and it was a male. I am getting nowhere with Packlink and am I  am awaiting their next move before I make a claim. I have recovered CCTV and still photos with the assistance of the parcel shop which shows me handing over the parcel which is clearly not a ladies dress in a plastic bag. Any advice please as I cannot afford to lose £475 once I have refunded the customer.   

Infrequent Ebay Seller but sold a Nikon D7200 DSLR Camera on Ebay for £450 plus £25 postage to an elderly pensioner (like me).

I am unfamiliar with Ebay postage and knew nothing about packlink.

I paid  £25 for £500 insured postage on a medium parcel weighig 5 kils to what I thought was Evri.

I took the parcel with attached label to my local Premier Evri Parcel drop off. I got a receipt and the parcel was collected by Evri a few hours later from the shop.

The parcel I sent never arrived at its Mansfield, Nottingham destination. Evri attended the customer's address 48 hrs later 13.08 hrs Sun 12 MAR and handed him a plastic mailbag containing a ladies dress.

He is an elderly widower and rejected the parcel on opening it and the courier took it away.

The customer contacted me and it appears that the parcel I sent has been lost, mid-delivered  or stolen whilst in possession of Evri.

If you have purchased postage thru Ebay, Evri will not speak to you on the phone.

The tracking information obtained from evri is incorrect as its shows a female courier attending the address and it was a male.

I am getting nowhere with Packlink and am I  am awaiting their next move before I make a claim.

I have recovered CCTV and still photos with the assistance of the parcel shop which shows me handing over the parcel which is clearly not a ladies dress in a plastic bag.

Any advice please as I cannot afford to lose £475 once I have refunded the customer.   

Edited by BankFodder
Restructured post to make it readable

You have come to the right place and we can help you get your money back.

However, first of all please can you post your stories in a properly spaced and punctuated manner. A solid block of text is extremely difficult for people to read especially when they are using a small screen such as a telephone.

In this case I have restructured your post for you.

Please start off by doing as much reading of the EVRi posts in this sub- forum as you can manage over the next couple of days. This is essential because this is a self-help forum and although we will guide you through the process, you need to understand the principles in order to have confidence in what you are doing.

When you say that you are waiting for the next move from packlink, what is it that you are expecting to happen? What was the last communication you send to them and what was the last communication you received from them?

Get going with the reading

Thanks for your reply, At 10.25 hrs this morning an Evri courier attended my address in an attempt to return the parcel which is now subject of theft.  

The mail bag he was attempting to deliver with an Evri RTS label was the actual mailbag in which I sent the original parcel bearing the original labels and handle with care tape. I refused delivery and the Evri courier was shown my photos of me dropping off the package at the parcel shop.

He agreed that what he was holding did not resemble the original boxed parcel in shape or weight.

I have taken photographs and from these it is clear that persons unknown have opened the mail bag containing my boxed package and removed the contents and then inserted a ladies blue dress inside the original mail packet and re-sealed it. Evri then attempted to deliver it to my purchaser and he of course knew it wasn't the camera kit, but opened it to find a ladies dress and then rejected it. 

I am a retired police officer and there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that this camera kit has been stolen almost certainly by an Evri employee. 

I will read everything in this part of the forum 

Thanks   

You don't need to be a police officer – retired or otherwise – to know that the camera has been stolen. We are getting this all the time with telephones and laptops and nobody takes any notice.

Please do the reading.

Also I notice that you haven't addressed the question as to what was the last communication you had with them and what has been their last response or what it is that you have been expecting to happen next.

It will be helpful if you would respond to the questions that we put here.