Letter Of Claim for death of cat now Court Claim received.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 255 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I wouldn't worry at all about small claims btw

Not usually that intimidating and usually fairly easy to go through, if they haven't got the evidence the judge will throw it out

One question @dx100uk, is the protocol still notice 14 days before filing a claim?

Just I noticed that one of the text messages said the paperwork would be taken to @danyboy72 house within the day - wouldn't that be in breach of protocol?

apologies if I'm incorrect I've only done small claims a couple of times

• Like 1

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

• 4 weeks later...

Quick question

Page 4 of the appendix is an insurance claim for vets fees for burial/cremation

One of the notes from the vet says the cat was taken home for burial

Have they claimed some fees they weren't actually charged?

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

If it helps

Total requested is 1,029.14

Breakdown is 

Excess and admin for vets now is 317.20, I total excess and fees on receipt 317.20

Excess and admin for Shrubbery vets 146.24

Excess listed on receipts is 111.25 + a vet receipt (details not listed) for 34.99 so 146.24

Petrol costs 65.70 - 6 trips listed in letter no breakdown

Burial costs £42 - no receipt other than a claim of £192 to insurance for "vet fees burial/cremation" of which £150 was allowed

Cost of cat £500

Pedigree certificate and receipt included for 1x Bengal cat

It is stated in the letter that the burial was done by a local company however there is no receipt

Tracing it on Google maps the location of the cat is approx 5 miles from the first vets, and 18 miles from the second.

Pedigree "certificate" lists history, is missing registration number, the address is a semi detached house. Personally I suspect its someone who brought Bengals themselves flogging the kittens without registration, but there was a tica registered breeder with that name years ago (but apparently no internet presence)

• Thanks 2

Please note:

Quick question

I notice you mentioned they were alternating between two addresses

Are these addresses near the barn? It seems odd that a "much loved" pedigree pet would be kept far from the home

Probably not that relevant a question mind you

Edited by labrat

Please note: