Erudio & Old SLC Loans PAPLOC - now 66, should be wiped but fake arrears & scammed me into paying too last year!!

CBDH
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 408 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I got a student loan in 1996/1997 and deferred until 2010 and as I was paying another student loan (2002 -2004) from my pay,

I asked SLC if we could come to an agreement for payment as paying both was too much, they refused. 

Since then I have repaid the 2002/04 loan and made payments off the 96/98 loan when I have been in work. 

I contacted them in 2017 to inform them the loan should now be void as I am 60years of age. 

I was informed that it is not void because I am in arrears. 

I agreed to pay a small amount each month until I stopped it in 2022  when I retired (aged 66). 

I have a letter of Claim last week from Drydensfairfax requesting me to complete a reply from and an Income & Expenditure form. 

I feel disinclined to comply as ironically I have paid them £1824.74 and the original loan was £1767.18. 

They have threatened court proceedings if I do not comply. 

Do I comply or let them take me to court, the only thing that frightens me is bailiffs showing up.

own thread created for you.

forget the the 2002-2004 loan... not related

this will be an old style mortgage loan sold to arrows dca (erudio/drydens sols) in 2013.

take with a large pinch of salt the you have arrears dodge to get out of the wipe out due to age

they LIE.

this should have been nulled when you reached 50!! or the loan was 25yrs old

you say you have a letter of claim

hit letter of claim and follow post 2

dx

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to Old Student Loans issue - im 66, erudio say my loan has arrears and is not wiped due to age, scammed me into paying too last year!!
  • dx100uk changed the title to Erudio & Old SLC Loans PAPLOC - now 66, should be wiped but fake arrears & scammed me into paying too last year!!

was there a period of 6yrs between last successful deferment and you starting to pay erudio?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...