Marston saying theres a committal to prison for council tax arrears been made?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 420 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

someone please help me,

I have 3 boys / young men and I've worked nearly all my life sometimes 2 jobs to bring them up by myself they have never gone without including holidays abroad I don't know why that's important to me as has nothing to do with needing help but suppose I want people to realise I've worked hard to financially support myself and my children.

I was diagnosed about 20 years ago with emotionally unstable boarder line personality disorder and have tried not to allow it to take over my life. Unfortunately a couple of years ago I had a mental breakdown and have been on universal credit and pip since, 

I've fallen behind on my council tax and other bills over the last year and have been unable to even open letters because it's so overwhelming.

I had to letters posted through my door in 2 consecutive days telling me they taking committal procedures , I had no idea what that was,

on the second day I waited for my 16 year old son to get home so I could phone as my phone has been cut off .

the response I got was I'm being arrested and they are going for committal to prison,

I was absolutely petrified and shocked I tried to ask him if we could sort something out payment wise and he told me that time has passed 

I am getting arrested

I tried to frantically explain about my illness he had no interest about that information and was cold and rude.

I am currently hiding away in my bedroom every day and night and also making my son do the same pls can anyone help me 

phone the council ctax tomorrow and explain the situation.

stop phoning silly bailiffs.

you are not being arrested, 

its the wont pays that that happens too, not the cant pays.

you really should also be contacting your GP and have a confidential chat with them.

they can recommend help/support for you.

are you also getting CTAX relief from the council?

if you are on PIP  / UC you should be getting a reduction atleast.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to Marston saying theres a committal to prison for council tax arrears been made?

I pay £25 a month

going by my online banking I believe it was around the middle of last year I started to miss payments, yet the amount on the letter is £600

im assuming a lot of it is fines and charges.

Is he allowed to enter my property if a door is unlocked? 

I've read some horror stories and just so distressed as to whether I'm getting arrested . 

I will phone the council tomorrow thank you, what department do I need to speak to,

I most definitely need to speak to my gp

one of the most crippling parts of my illness is being unable and frightened of even the most simple of tasks that I could normally do even the call to council tomorrow fills me with dread 

Well that's the very reason why you need to see you GP 

Just ring the crazy dept, briefly explain you has some pers issues etc and you are trying to come out of it and sort the issue.

So you've not opened any letters since the middle of last year and paid nowt? No wonder it's gone this far...and of course a new bill was raised in April for this year as well that any arrangement you had would not cover  .

Ignore what the Bailiff said on the phone, just trying to scare you  in all truth .

Get things sorted.

Dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...

and?

dx

and they