Ladbrokes taking 2.5 months to verify my ID

stuber
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 427 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Caggers,

I went into a high street Ladbrokes in the town where I live,

I started to bet and inserted a good amount of cash into the slot machine with the intention of staying there for about 30 minutes or an hour.

As i'm betting and actually winning the staff behind the counter announced that the store would be shutting in 15 minutes, with me being slightly up I thought i'd cash out and return the following day.

Upon approaching the counter I was told they couldn't pay out as i'd have to run ID verification with head office, I said fine no problem, i've nothing to hide and with that he gave me a leaflet with the contact details on and away I trotted.

That was 11 December

after numerous uploading of my passport, driving licence, bank statement, council tax form etc i'm still waiting . . .

I need a plan B,

what are my choices please?

put up with it until it's done or force their hand someway?

Many thanks in advance guys . . . 

Stuber

How much of your money are they holding?

Have you ever self excluded from a bookies, or been banned?

Bookies are mostly crooks preying on the vulnerable, while at the same time having a history of punishing winning customers. They'll have to give you your money eventually. Your next step would be threatening them to make a complaint to IBAS - then actually making one.

£1200, I get it, they need to ensure i'm no drug dealer etc, so i'm empathetic to their reasons, but it's getting beyond a joke . . . nope never been excluded and I bet every now and then so not a regular, it had been a particularly boring night work wise so I thought sod it, i'll go and have a play . . . yes just didn't want to go legal as such as they have plenty of cases where they've rescinded bets as per their t&c's etc . . . 

Each bookies is covered by one dispute resolution agency. Biggest one is IBAS, so check whether it's the correct one on their website. You could try send a last email/letter to Ladbrokes saying this is their final chance before you file an IBAS complaint. Then when that time lapses just do it. Think IBAS ask that you wait something silly like 60 days but in your case looks like this is already settled. They're generally not very good/helpful, but as long as you haven't actually done anything dodgy like giving fake IDs and stuff they can't withhold your money forever.

Bookies are very good at using laws meant to halt laundering and protect problem gamblers, to punish winners like you, while calling you a problem gambler. Meanwhile, the poor sod who lost twice what he owns is being encouraged to continue and given free bets and VIP cards. Obviously don't tell them that when you complain :p just leave it as where's my money.

Never gamble more than you can afford to lose!

cheers, i've been ringing them and emailing and just getting nowhere . . . the last straw when one guy said he doesn't know how long it will be, to which I said, how long would you leave it if it were your money? He was coy about answering obviously . . . 

Thanks for your help, i'll update as I soon as I have something . . . 

Many thanks