Deadlock with Utility Warehouse

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 442 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there

I've been with Utility Warehouse for about 2 years now

March 2021 after several months after starting with them, I noticed my new bill was crazy on Gas and Electricity, the billed showed a jumble of dates and readings in a crazy way

March 2021

I got this sorted and all good with someone who knows Mathematics like I do, but come November 2022 and December 2022 it started again, initially i didn't pick up November over charge because it was during my busy time at work, but December I picked up 

However for at least 6 months, I had to not only complete their APP, WEBSITE and send a email with readings, email because the readings supplied didn't show up on either App or Website.

December 2022

Over charged again, Disputed straight away, and usual BS saying they will get back to me within 2 or 5 days, and when they did, they couldn't fathom out that the bill was over charging and fraudulent as they were going over accepted bills that were fully paid.

All I got was it has my readings on, but that wasn't only problem, not showing my last reading correctly as the last row, then something gets messed up, and probably because they gone back like 6 months, and now charging me more for what I've paid is fraudulent action.

This is what I expect from them, 1 month 1 row per charge

Expected

Because this infringing my personal time and rest periods from my usual duties as a truck driver doing in excess of 65 hours Monday to Friday, I grant them 5 minutes to check my bill, and if wrong and not corrected straight away, they should then pay my charges for taking my precious time away from me for making constructive spreadsheet which they cannot use, so then to convert that to pdf!

Then they realised they made several errors 

However it was not cleared, and no explanation why the errors happened and what they were going to do about this

I charged them £100 for my services (sent on all emails received) and incurring £150 per hour, includes part hours

Of course they Don't do it like that they say, well Sorry, I don't accept a shut up goodwill for doing your job.

So at end of December I sent them payment for the bill, minus overcharging and my charge

31st December's received a call soon after my email explaining why, and was abused by the caller, Calling me SIR when it's so clear on record I identity as Female with the word MISS

So another Complaint went in for that

I'm sending emails and no responses 

11th January received, Text and Email stating that Home line, Broadband and Mobiles will be suspended for not paying the bill in full, OK its still Disputed so must be Automated 

No it wasn't 

12th January approx 10am, all communication services cut off, only 1 way call to Utility Warehouse and possible Emergency (Didn't try)

This caused us stress and distress, I'm a long distance driver and my partner is Epileptic and doesn't know exactly the best solution, thankfully I do and was able to contact another person to get in touch with my partner.

Further Complaints and over 2 hours in my work time trying to resolve the dispute, however not solved

I took Emergency action to rectify the situation away from Utility Warehouse, New Sims and new Broadband.

I then went direct to Co CEO email, no reply in 2 days, found the email for Cheif CEO, no response 

Then approx 2 weeks later, received an email acknowledged their errors, and granted me £100 in goodwill, and expects me to stay with UW Mobiles as they know Broadband is taken away, they also know the Cash card is empty and not used now.

£100 isn't enough for the stress, distress, using work time and my precious time in this long now 2 month dispute 

I received a Deadlock letter now after I sent them a Before Action letter

I could go to Ofgem but I don't think they will do anything 

I know for certain, Their errors are going to cost me more, They suspended my communications and how can I ever trust any company like that, that's so draconian when an account is in dispute and further complaints and disputes happen all because they made errors 

I'm now thinking straight to small claims, claiming the limit for all, Disputed, Suspension, Distress, Vulnerable 

Appreciate advise

Deadlock letter below

Thank you for speaking with me regarding the complaint on your account.

I’m really sorry to hear about the problems you’ve had with the charges on your account recently and the customer service you've received, as well as the time this complaint has taken for you. I can understand how frustrating this was for you. We appreciate the chance you’ve given us to look into this further, and to try to make things right.

Here’s a summary of your complaint:

• You were unhappy with the rebilled amounts on the November and December 2022 bills and the discrepancy of £12.73
  • You were unhappy with the time taken and the hours of your free time taken looking through the billing issues
  • You were unhappy with the effect the bills had on your telephony services while you disputed the energy charges
  • You were unhappy with a customer service call with Jensen on 31 December 2022 and the mistaken use of 'sir' on the call

Here is what you wanted:

• For the discrepancy on the rebilled amounts on the November and December 2022 bills to be credited back
  • To charge at £150 an hour for your free time and time taken to contact UW as chargeable hours for your complaint
  • To move away your telephony services but still remain on a Double Gold energy tariff instead of being placed on a Value tariff with energy only services
  • To be advised further on the investigation with Jensen and further personal details on Jensen including full name, position and office location. You also wanted further compensation for the mistaken use of 'sir' on the call

Here is what we’ve offered:

• We're sorry for the problems with the rebilled amounts and have credited £15 to your account for just over the discrepancy on the rebilled amounts on the November and December 2022 bills
  • We're sorry for the time taken to resolve the complaint on your account and the time you've spent on the complaint. We've advised we're not reasonably able to credit for chargeable hours
  • We’ve advised that without full payment then a manageable and affordable payment plan would need to be set up on the account to protect the telephony services on your account while you would dispute any energy charges. We've advised that we would be unable to offer a Double Gold tariff for energy where the telephony services are no longer with UW and energy only services would be on a Value tariff
  • We’re sorry for the mistaken use of 'sir' on the call with Jensen. We have fed this back internally to Jensen and reviewed internally on this call advising on confirming the name of the person answering the call. However. we have also noted that Jensen was put under immediate pressure on this call being immediately advised he was being recorded before any introductions and then further on being charged £150 an hour for the time spent on the call before mistakenly using the word 'sir' and confirming he was unsure on who he was speaking to. We would review the employee performance internally
  • To say sorry for the problems with the billing and the customer service we've a applied a total of £100 goodwill credit on the account

I’m sorry for the problems you've had with the customer service and the billing and for the distress this has caused.

Our proposal to resolve this matter is reasonable and so this letter is to confirm that this is our final position. This is also known as a ‘deadlock letter’.

I understand this may not be the resolution you were hoping for but we’d like you to know that you have the right to contact the Ombudsman if you wish to take this further.

As we can’t agree on a way to resolve your complaint, I recommend you contact the Ombudsman Services: Energy. You can do this at any time within 12 months from the date of this email.

Ombudsman Services: Energy (the Ombudsman)

The Ombudsman is there to help resolve disputes between energy suppliers and their customers. It is free to use their services, and they are totally independent – so they do not take sides, and make their decision based only on the information available.

If you agree with their decision, we have to act on what they say. This may mean we have to apologise, explain what has gone wrong, correct the problem or give you a financial award. You do not have to accept their decision.

Please make sure you mention you have received this ‘deadlock’ letter when you contact them.

How to contact Ombudsman Services:
Phone: 0330 440 1624
Post: Ombudsman Services: Energy, PO Box 966, Warrington, WA4 9DF
Email: enquiry@ombudsman-services.org

I hope this clarifies things for you but if there’s anything else we can help you with, please contact our Customer Escalations team on 0333 003 5648. We’re open from 8:00am - 8:00pm Monday to Friday, and 9:00am - 4:30pm on Saturdays. You can also email customerescalations@utilitywarehouse.co.uk or send a letter to the following address: Customer Escalations Team, Utility Warehouse, PO Box 59187, London NW2 9LH.

Thank you and all the best,

Marc

Executive Complaints Team

Marc
Executive Complaints Team

T: 0333 003 5648
(Monday to Friday 9am - 5.30pm & Saturday 9am - 4.30pm)
W: www.utilitywarehouse.co.uk
A: Network HQ, 508 Edgware Road, London, NW9 5AB

Regards

Sophie

Thank you

Please Note

Advice & opinions of Sophie-Jane are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts

You need to remove those letters ASAP.

It has your address full name and account details.

You need to redact everything you post up.

Having briefly read over your letters, it's far too emotional and won't get the outcome you wish, no one cares you work 60 to 70 hours a week, or that you do mathematics on a daily basis.

Vote with your feet and switch companies.

Edited by Bazooka Boo

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Will do, I remembered that when I hit the road again, thanks for the kick lol 

This case now has escalated to threats of Legal proceedings for owing them on their bills, I paid them minus my charges for my duties doing their job

I'll upload those attachments in next 5 minutes or so

Thanks for the reminder

here are my letters sent by email to UW

My partner sent me a pic of their threats, Ill post that later tonight,  I have so they say until the 23rd to respond

Thanks for the reminder

here are my letters sent by email to UW

My partner sent me a pic of their theats, Ill post that later tonight,  I have so they say untilthe 23rd to respond

2023 Jan 21 Letter to Co-CEO CAG.pdf 2023 Jan 28 Letter to Co-CEO CAG.pdf

Regards

Sophie

Thank you

Please Note

Advice & opinions of Sophie-Jane are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts

bit of a freeman of the land twaddle myth you can charge people for your time.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

So its ok to send bills all fraudulent, and because I charged them for my personal time you don't know if you can assist further ? 

After many hours on the phone trying to explain where the errors were, and talking to people who cannot do simple mathematics, just like talking to a brick wall

6 weeks later i had to search for the chiefs, and hit a Deadlock 

Then received a letter with the usual BS on courts (fraudulent) bailiffs ( fraudulent) forced entry (fraudulent)

When a account is in dispute whether its deadlock or not, they cannot enforce their last threat ..... can they ?? Even thou, i know they cannot due to vulnerabilities 

Regards

Sophie

Thank you

Please Note