UK169, Jack Wilkinson, ECU Solutions Brentwood and me

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 602 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

What if we can get a number of people to file a complaint together? It will then give the police enough to at least contact him...

I am happy to share all the trail of communication and information and evidence i have... if we apply to the civil court together, wed have better chances to maybe getting some sort of justice

• I agree 2

I agree.

Trouble is I reckon he might be a member of the traveller community, and that equals possible consequences, but certainly he needs taking to task.

Even if we got no recompense we might save others in the future of running into him. 

Jack is making a load of money and mugging us all off. Have you seen the top of the range AMG BMW he drives.

Yea, be us a con artist big time. I might be able to get someone from the local press or BBC to do a bit of digging. I'll see what I can do. 

• 2 weeks later...

I am sorry to hear that ETVan. 

it starts with a very positive phone call, and they seem like they know what they are doing. He will say it comes with 2 years warranty.

He said he will leave all receipts and invoices in glovebox for me. I found his reference on 1st Choice. Biggest mistake. 

1. We should all first collectively report 1st Choice of the scam

He then sends a 3rd party company to come collect the car. It will be sat in the garage with no work being done it for a couple of weeks. He will then use excuses like: waiting for parts, his daughter is ill, he has cancer etc etc. 

The new part means = more money. 

Then it will ready for dispatch. 

On the day of dispatch, whilst driving the car onto the tow truck, the engine light will suddenly come on. He will diagnose. There is an electrical fault now. His 'friend' who owes him a favour will carry out the extra work for cost price. Roughly another 2k. 

He will then say because he had to extra work on the car, and everything done on cost price, there is no warranty. A very clever calculated scam.  

My car was with 169UK for 6 months (initially it was supposed to be 2 weeks). What should have cost 2k, cost me 5k in total. As soon as it came, I drove it for a few minutes and the EXACT same problem came back within say 15 minutes of driving. Of course, there were no receipts or invoices in the glovebox. 

I gave up, and sold the car for scrap. Total loss for me = Roughly 5k for his costs and value of my car 5k + 6 months of depression. 

Has anyone actually met this scammer? Or had any sort of justice? 

Please share so we can think of some sort of strategy. 

Ps. ETVan = Cut your losses, and go down with some lads and pickup your van! Asap!!!

@Saints60,

Do you have his details? I need a name, company name and address and phoner number and email... 

I have decided to go to the small claims court and take my chances. Il see what happens.. if anything. Il only lose the £70 claim court fee if it doesnt progress, which im happy to pay (if anything, some peace of mind that at least I tried, and he will know that someone is onto his scam, hopefully deter him in the future scamming others)

@ETVan - yes thats great. Do not pay anything and just go with the flow, once he asks for payment and collection, or if he asks for money for more work, go down with a mechanic 

• 1 month later...

no such thing as class action in the UK>

you each need to start court claims, much more effective.

please keep everything in the open forum and not publicise external links to say social media groups as info there tends to be very bad and only results in people getting money to do things like a bogus group action which again i say does not exist in the UK.

these groups or details of firms etc will be removed.

you each need to raise a court claim.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Maybe so dx100uk, but we can share information and various templates for others to use etc..

I have been a bit busy at work.. but will be filing a claim very soon

immi, do you have the number of the transport guy who took your car? Thatd be your first point of call...ask where it was delivered. 

everything is here you all need

small claims guide.

and lots of threads here about taking various vehicle retailers, garages etc to court.

just remember you have to abide by the pre action protocol and send a letter of claim FIRST.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...