conveyancing solicitor £1k fees for an abortive sale, - poss N39 Order Non UK Resident??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 463 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A Solicitor claims I owe them £1k which I dispute, no Court Proceedings yet.

I am going to live abroad shortly and expect court proceedings to be issued in the future when I will be a non UK resident.

My question is

if the claimant successfully gains a CCJ against me, can he then issue a N39 order against me and could I be required to return to the UK or face prison if I do no not attend,

I will be a non UK resident?

Any advice on this matter would be great thanks.   

short ans is NO.

you need to inform the CLAIMANT not the dog. you will be moving out of the UK on XXX date IN WRITING.

then they'll know they cant raise a uk claim.

and no debtors dont ever goto prison for a silly civil CCJ!!

tell us whats going on please

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you for your response dx100uk, this is my first ever post.

I am in dispute with a conveyancing solicitor, the £1k is for an abortive sale, my challenge to his fees are that I have a counter claim as I relied on information he gave me and unnecessarily waited 8 months for the seller to finally pull out, and in this period I incurred costs as I stayed in short term more expensive accommodation just waiting, if I had the information I asked for I would of aborted the sale immediately.

I am not convinced my counter claim is strong and prepare for loosing the case. But I am going abroad now and expect aggressive attempts from this Solicitor to enforce the CCJ, I have no property in the UK, the solicitor I think will try and serve me a N39 to question what assets I have, and as these N39 orders come with a penal notice that worries me.

If I am abroad and he gets CCJ, some how manages to get court permission to serve me abroad, Can he issue a N39 order for questioning me if I am abroad, surely a UK order cannot be issued to a non UK resident?

I am not to concerned about my UK credit file or having a CCJ.

If you are not in the UK and you inform them in writing you are out of the UK, then there is no UK jurisdiction.

Stop panicking .  You've delved far to deeply worrying about nothing 

It's always best to not counterclaim it really does unnecessarily complicate things 

Dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for your advice dx100uk, I will write to them, my final question should I get a Solicitor to write to them so its on record and the potential claimant cannot dispute my notification? 

Thanks again 

• dx100uk changed the title to conveyancing solicitor £1k fees for an abortive sale, - poss N39 Order Non UK Resident??

na they are just scamming puppies used to fleecing mugs that know no better.

all hot air.

dx

and they