Bannatynes ARC Europe DD Cancelled **RESOLVED**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 457 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I was with bannatynes for a 12 month contract and emailed Bannatynes with my membership cancellation during my final month (November 2022),

i then cancelled my direct debit as the next month was December which would have been month 1 again and I emailed my cancellation .

I know they want me to pay for the month after i cancelled (£32) as they have been emailing and calling and texting, all of which I have ignored because i have not used the gym and to be quite honest I am tight on money right now.

I had a text yesterday saying they may refer to ARC Europe as it is still unresolved.

that freaked me out a bit as i am quite young and never had to deal with anything like this before and i dont want it to affect my credit score or have to pay lots of money.

i went onto my portal to just pay it but i was not able to and the fee has now gone up to £57, none of this was stated in the email or text i got yesterday it only says they "may" refer it to ARC and I can still pay with the portal.

i rang the gym and they said it has now been referred to third party (arc) but she will get the clubs financial manager to ring me today.

Should I just offer to pay the one month and leave it at that?

I've read all the other threads on this site I could find on similar situations.

Bit cheeky of them to say it may be referred and I could still pay the gym but they actually have already passed it over to arc.

Don't get afraid of a DCA 

They are not Bailiffs

And have ZERO legal powers on any debt no matter what it's type.

Gym debts can't appear on credit files 

Dx

• Thanks 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to Bannatynes ARC Europe DD Cancelled **RESOLVED**

IMO you cancelled your membership correctly and they were not entitled to a penny more.

How did you pay the final charge of £28?

If it was via credit or debit card I'd request a chargeback on the grounds of illegal charge and tell them to go do one when they write claiming you owe them.

Bloody Gym's think they're banks these days, they are not.

If you cancel your gym membership the industry guidelines indicate you should give 1 months notice, thus, I more membership payment should be made, then you cancel your DD at your bank 

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...