Energie chasing me to pay for branch that has changed ownership

Squeeky458
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 466 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

1) I joined Energie Fitness last year. I chose my nearest location as my selected club. Direct Debit was payable every 17th monthly.

2) I received an email from the local gym on 16th December headed "ACTION REQUIRED" and saying that the location is "changing hands" and they are "changing over from the current payment collection company and you will be required to update your DD payment details on the new system… it is important that you also cancel your current DD at the bank to avoid being charged twice"

3) As the old DD was due the following day, I cancelled my DD on my bank's website immediately.

4) I went on the new club website, joined and set up a new DD.

5) I visited the new club twice, decided I wouldn't carry on with my membership, cancelled within the 14 day cooling-off period.

6) Energie Fitness emailed on 21/12 chasing payment and adding an admin fee.

7) I sent a complaint letter to the payment collection company (Harlands) by registered post on 21/12 and asking which clause requires me to pay for membership of a gym branch that no longer exists and have had no reply.

😎 Energie Fitness emailed on 18/1 chasing payment and adding another admin fee.

9) the T&Cs section 15 "sale of club" says "we may transfer your membership…continue to pay your membership fees"

Any advice please on what I am obliged to do? am I still a member? Do I need to give notice to leave this non-existent club?! thank you for any help!

just ignore them

nothing they can do to hurt you or your credit file.

dx

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Squeeky and welcome to CAG

You'll probably hear more from Harlands and/or CRS chasing for membership and admin fees.

Ignore their demands. Don't reply at all as this just encourages them.

Keep us posted ........

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)