Evri confirm I'm entitled to compensation but won't pay the refund

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 484 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I know, it's another complaint about Evri, but I've already got a bit further forward than most because Evri acknowledge that I'm entitled to a refund - they just won't pay up.

I sent a parcel just before Christmas which they have listed as "damaged beyond repair" and another 24-hour delivery just after New Year which they have confirmed as lost.

They have also confirmed that I'm entitled to claim a refund - but the link they've sent me to their compensation form results in a "page not found" error.

I've had no response from their customer services email address, their phone line or their chatbot (which just tells me to contact the parcel sender, even though I AM the sender).

The parcel which is missing contained a mobile phone belonging to my father-in-law who lives 200 miles away and which I was returning to him after it was inadvertently left at my house. He needs this phone as he has various serious medical conditions which require frequent contact with health service providers.

I know that phones are on Evri's non-compensation list but I don't believe this non-compensation policy is valid under UK law because the item was lost by them rather than being accidentally damaged. If they had provided the option of purchasing extra cover, I would have done so (as I have done in the past for high value items) but this option was not available.

At the very least I am entitled to a refund for the postage costs plus £20. 

I accept that in any big organisation, especially at busy periods like Christmas, things can go wrong, but that doesn't excuse the deliberately obstructive Customer Services systems.

Surely it's illegal to evade their responsibilities in this way?

I've tried emailing their press office and even their CEO Martijn de Lange but so far with no result.

Can anyone help? or at least help to expose this chicanery? 

thanks for the great large block of text with no sentences nor blank lines.

i think you need to read a good few 10's of evri threads here 

as what you APPEAR to be saying is you are happy to accept £20 for a lost +200 mobile phone?...:crazy:

or you think they will give you the full value of both items as they have sent you a form to fill in but you cant access it..

they won't!

as long as you have written PROOF you told them the value of each item then its letter of claim and court claim fodder.

if you did not declare the value of each item...you're stuffed!!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I have spent the last two days reading posts on this site about Evri but have not found the information I needed, which is why I started a new thread.

I did tell Evri the value of the item they list as 'damaged beyond repair' when booking the delivery and have written proof of this.

The missing phone is an old model worth less than £200 but I was unable to state the actual value when booking the delivery because they do not allow you to do this for mobile phones.

My understanding from other threads on this site is that Evri's restrictive conditions of carriage may not be in compliance with UK law and I would be interested to hear from anyone who can tell me more about this.

I have read the links posted in the previous response to this thread and they do not appear relevant to my case.

The Letter of Claim shortcut links to pages explaining what a business or sole trader needs to do when claiming a debt from an individual. I am not a business or sole trader and Evri is not an individual.

The Court Claim shortcut links to pages explaining what to do if you have recieved a court demand for payment. This is not my situation.

Further clarification would be appreciated.

hit evri and read.

use our enhanced google searchbox not the top red banner search

type in evri.

your 1st port of call is a complaint to evri on each parcel

then a letter of claim.

then on day 15 launch your court claim via MCOL.

there are 100's of 'evri claimform' threads

i suggest you search for those.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...