New roof done by Lords Roofing Contractors

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 507 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I found Lords Roofing Contractor through my Local magazine. I also did a bit of research on Google and it looked pretty good so I contacted them and asked for a quote. 

The saleman who came looked to me very professional and reliable and did a quote, he said they have plenty of experience (more than 20 years on the market), they always work with the same scaffolder and so far have a good reputation.

I told him very clear that I wanted a company who is responsible for any damages to the property, somebody who takes care. He said they were fully insured and they offer 10 years guarantee in every job done so I trusted him, signed the contract and paid a deposit. 

They did the job in three days, the scaffolding went up in a day and the roofers came the next two days while I was at work. 

At night I noticed the Tv was not working, it had weak or no connection so I mentioned that issue to the roofer the day after and he blamed the scaffolding, he said it affects the signal. 

Once the job was finished the scaffolding stayed there for more than a week and when they finally came to dismantle it they damaged the decking. As the Tv was still not working, I rang the office to sort it out and the secretary said that that had nothing to do with them.

I asked to speak to the salesman as he was more polite and respectful and when he called me he told me to call to an engineer and send them the bill and so I did. It turn out that the aerial was missing and the coax cables cut off.

Now Lords Roofing refuses to pay for that and also speaks on behalf of the scaffolder saying they are not paying neither.

Is this the company based in Ferryhill, Co. Durham?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Apologies, I was getting them mixed up with a company with a similar name.

Hopefully someone will look in soon and advise you.

Weekends tend to be quiet here, so be patient if it takes a little while.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Has the system now been repaired and replaced? Or is it still missing?

Not directly related to this issue that as you have raised the topic of a guarantee and an insurance policy, see what we have to say about building work guarantees

4 hours ago, BankFodder said:

Has the system now been repaired and replaced? Or is it still missing?

I have a new aerial and new coax cables but now they refuse to pay me back the cost (almost £500) I sent an email to Fergus Park to complain about the way the secretary was talking to me as well as the comments Mr Max Park sent me,  and I received an answer from Max Park rather the director saying the insurance is still valid but they are not paying for the damages neither the scaffolder. So after paying £8000 for the roof I had to spent around £800 to sort out the damages.

After having the aerial done I went to the attic and I noticed the wall where is the chimney was wet so rain is still going through. I called them again to fix it, they came (again when I’m at work) and sorted it out and left me a message at the front door saying if they have to come again they will charge me! They blamed the aerial engineer for it, they said the aerial engineer took off the cement they put around the chimney.

I guess I will have to go to court in order to get paid for the damages. 

The way they treat people is unacceptable, besides it looks like they are threatening me as he said that I can’t contact the salesman again as he has no part on this! Well, the salesman is selling porkies because a reputable company pays for the damages caused.

Who instructed the aerial engineer?

Do you have any evidence of the damage? Reports or photographs?

How much value are we talking about here?

Please can you itemise it in a list

I rang first the office and the secretary told me that they had nothing to do with the Tv, then I asked to speak to the salesman and she said he was not in. At the end he rang me in the afternoon and told me to sort it out and send the bill to the office. That was on Monday, and so I did. On Tuesday the aerial man came, sort it out and wrote it down in the invoice that the aerial was snapped out and cables cut off. I have pictures of what was left. 

Aerial and connection about £500, decking £200 and broken lamp about £40