Evri - 45 days to return my item and damaged it but wont refund despite full cover.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 521 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

My first time ever doing something like this and its because I've come to a standstill with the Evri support employee I am dealing with. I will try to summarize the situation with as much information as I can.

5/9 - Evri collects the shower unit to be returned to Victoria Plumbing. (it was £320 and I paid for full cover on this with Evri

16/9 - I let Victoria Plumbing know that the item is still in transit and may exceed their 30 day returns policy (they were fine with this)

20/10 - Victoria Plumbing emails me to let me know the item has turned up and will be processed.

22/10 - Victoria Plumbing emails me with pictures to let me know they cannot refund the item as its damaged (several pieces of bent metal and a scratch) and will be put aside for a few weeks before disposal.

25/10 - Claim for damaged item submitted to Evri (its really really hard to contact them, no live chat no contact numbers) I had to say they damaged my house just to get a form to fill in. They ask for 28 working days to respond.

24/11 - Evri responds saying there's no clear damage, the box looks intact (the pictures clearly show damage and a tattered box) and that we need to get an inspection report from Victoria Plumbing. They say provide this within 7 days.

25/11 - Victoria Plumbing can only circle and highlight on the pictures where the damage was already obvious to me but I sent this to Evri regardless.

6/12 - I email Evri asking for an update

7/12 - Evri replies saying the damage looks like dust, there's no evidence of damage from their tracking and suggest discussing further with the retailer as they are closing this claim.

Naturally I sent an annoyed reply to this, pointing out that they haven't even acknowledged that the return took 45 days and the tracking still hadn't listed it as received even a month after it was, yet she's happy to rely on this as evidence of no damage in transit.

The item has obviously been through the wars during 45 days with them, it was well packaged but its not light and the scratch suggests contact with the ground at some point. Either way for them to just close the case on me is infuriating and I just want to know what my options are if any as I simply cannot afford to be out of pocket nearly £350 with the transport included when as far as I know I've followed due process.

Appreciate any help or advice and I can provide further information or pictures of the emails/item if needed.

Matt

Get Victoria plumbing to return it all to you – packaging, damaged parts everything. If this cost you a fee then pay it.

Write to EVRi and tell them that this is what you are doing in view of their uncooperative stance. Warn them that this will cost you money to get the evidence returned to you and you will add this to your claim.
In your letter to EVRi tell them that this is a formal complaint and that you want full reimbursement of the cost of the item, delivery fees and also the cost of getting it returned to you.

Don't set a deadline – simply send the letter.

Start reading up as many stories on this sub- forum as you can handle over a couple of days. Get to understand the way all of these complaints go. Follow the link – EVRi – to understand the principles involved.

Come back here in about five days when you have done the reading and you have either received a reply from EVRi or else you have had no reply at all.

The next step will then be a letter of claim. However you will by then have completed all the reading and you will know this – won't you?

Thank you for the quick response, I have asked via live chat for Victoria Plumbing to return this and they are getting back to me with an email asap with whether or not they still have it.

Also sorry being new to this whole thing can you confirm you mean a written letter? 

Matt

you do not need to use recorded

1st/2nd class stamp and free proof of posting at any PO counter will do.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Good Morning 

Thank you for the extra advice guys, but regarding the first response Victoria Plumbing have just emailed me 10 mins ago saying that the item has been disposed of since it was returned on the 20th and they only keep damaged items for 14 days.

The only thing I have against this is a conversation on their website live chat around the time the item was returned asking them to hold onto it for longer as the Evri investigation was going to be up to 28 working days but I'm not sure I have a log of this or how useful it would be.

I expect this changes things regarding the letter? not really sure how I should proceed now, any more advice always appreciated.

Matt