Dodgy Accounting by highcourtwarrants.co.uk

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 524 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All

I am helping out a car mechanic friend of mine who is having Bailiff Trouble.

Some time ago a supplier obtained a CCJ against him for around £6100.  Long story short the above Bailiff got involved.

The guy visited the premises and a payment plan was set up.   This generally went well but a payment was missed on one occasion and it took a £2K payment to get the Bailiff of his back again.

I got involved and we contacted the original creditor who confirmed they had received all the money bar £15 which was paid so as to get a letter of satisfaction from them.

I contacted the Bailiff by email with the following;

Following my last payment to your firm regarding the above debt I have contacted the original creditor who has advised me that the original debt is satisfied and no more money is owed to them.

I am non plussed at your Officer's claim that I still owe some £5000 as much as the original debt.

I therefore now request and require a full statement showing what your fees are, what work you have carried out to charge those fees and what the outstanding amount is.

You may return it by email or post it to my business which is;

I got the following back;

Regards your high court writ with us you broke the arrangement so we had to send agents out then here is the break down of everything-

County court judgement -£5713.35

Judgement costs-£422.08

High court execution costs-£117.75

Interest-£525.76

Compliance-£75

Enforcement fees-£1123

+Vat on fees-£239.60

TOTAL-£8216.54

Total paid-£4250

Balance -£3966.54+daily rate of interest

If you had carried on paying your arrangement you would not have had the enforcement fees to which all are legally binding and set by the government.

Please do not stop paying your arrangement as this will lead to agents visiting again and more costs going on.

(the above is word for word what was sent).

Can anyone help me make sense of these fees.  I am sure the VAT for instance is in-correct.   The original creditor is VAT registered as is the debtor.

Also, this is far from a statement from any accounting system. It does not show the dates of any charges or routine payments made by the debtor.

The individual Bailiff concerned is highly aggressive and non responsive when it comes to discussing these fees.

any recommendations gratefully accepted.

might help

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks DX

I have looked into this and I believe that when the HCEO charges the creditor VAT the creditor himself claims that back and it does not fall on the Debtor.  the debtor only has to pay it if the Creditor is not VAT registered.  could be wrong but it seems to make sense.

This "error" is making me suspect the whole rest of the fees which seem grossly inflated.   A 6k debt has gone to 10K.

It's usually the interest that almost doubles an HCEO debt yes 

There are calculations on here of how they should do it. 

It would be nice if he had a breakdown of what the £2k visit was when he broke the arrangement mind 

But rule of thumb makes me think they might be right

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...