Terminology needed for official complaint

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 523 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been employed by the LA who pay my wages for a school for 23 years.

I have held 3 posts at the school at different times, with one post merging into a 4th.

This last one, I have paid pension into for 12 years, until I deferred about 10 years ago and found the payments difficult.

When I looked at my pensions the other day there were some dates in my employment history missing. I spoke to the Pension we ran through the dates for each one and the reason for them stopping. A couple added up but the most recent one, which I previously mentioned said it had stopped and the 'contract had ended'.

I'm pretty certain this is the pension I can opt back into and had carried on paying. I asked for a record of my work history from HR which also does not match up and lists a job I never did. 

Should I be concerned about these discrepancies? I am. 

I still work there, I have continuous employment with the one post but deferred the pension about 11 years ago. The other two posts were within the same school at different times but left them as they were ancillary. I have asked for wage slips but may resort to an SAR if they cannot/will not comply.

• 1 year later...

I am in the process of making a formal grievance against my business manager.

They did not return a form to payroll in time which resulted in 3 months pension deductions from my wages, I cannot claim a refund on these.

My pension is deferred and I am £180 short.

I have evidence that they were untruthful about passing on my form to the payroll department. As well as disrespecting my personal information 

I need to know the terminology I can use for being unable to access funds.  

Dear ************

I am writing to raise a formal grievance.

I have a complaint about **** *****; Failure to treat personal documents with respect resulting in financial disadvantage.

*********** Did not return my pension opt-out form within the timeframe they specified. In return a refund of one months deduction will be made in the next pay cycle and the opt-out will commence.

This form was not returned Payroll and Pensions by *********** until two months later and as a result, 3 months deductions of approximately £180 in total were paid into my deferred pension which are non-refundable.

I have evidence in the form of a timeline of events, emails between myself and ******** and transcripts of telephone calls between myself and Payroll and Pensions staff and the LGPS.

I would be grateful if you could let me know when I can meet you to talk about my grievance. I would like to be accompanied at the meeting by ********.

Yours sincerely,

Thanks I'll add in that I would like feedback. I know I can't get  a refund as it's the rules . I've been brushed off twice by SLT saying 'leave it with them' .

Yes this is correct.

I will be consulting with the union aswell.

I am just formulating the letter in case this is the advice they give me. 

Would it be prudent to mention that the Business Manager is being unprofessional in uploading selfies to Facebook in works time or would that sound like sour grapes? its obvious they are not paying attention to their work. 

• 1 month later...