Builder overcharging vs quote given

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 440 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If you look at our customer services guide, you will see that I have already referred to the fact that Apple have hobbled the iPhone in terms of call recording .

If you want to record a call using an iPhone then the best thing to do is to get a TP8 from Amazon

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/11/2022 at 08:08, BankFodder said:

Evening, 

I wasn't sure how concerned people would be for an update, but; I sent the letter (recorded delivery) detailing my view and concluded the letter as you suggested. No reply which was nice, but it looks as if that is more to do with the mail strikes and people not being in to sign for the letter.

One of their associates did call yesterday to discuss collecting payment and asked I sent him the letter so he could look into it. I forwarded the letter and we spoke on the phone after. He didn't so much contest the points made, more just overlooked them and said I should offer to pay half as a gesture of goodwill

I declined to make the offer.

He then advised that when one of the directors returns from holiday I will have to deal with him instead and ended the call.

I will update again if/when then the director returns.

• 2 months later...

Good morning all,

To update; I had a text message last night from one of the directors. It wasn't very legible but it did demand I pay £3500 by Friday (which is a different amount to the one in the past) or they will pass a debt of £7000 onto a collections agency and furthermore they will start tipping waste onto my property.

I have not yet replied. 

I decided to check the letter I sent recorded and the Royal Mail site says it was returned to sender. I do know that they have seen the letter as another of their representatives called me and asked for a copy. I emailed it and he called me back to discuss it.

They have not given any new information regarding the costs.

Does anyone have any thoughts as to what would be the best course of action now?

For reference, I have attached a copy of the letter below and a screenshot of yesterday's communication.

Letter to respond to request for additional costs - 41 Watermeadows_Redacted.pdf message 15.9.23.pdf proof of postage.pdf

There has been a considerable gap between the original explanations and your post today.

I am trying to understand exactly where we are.
What I do understand is that they say that they want £3500. You seem to be saying that they owe you £383. Is this correct?

Also I can't figure out where the 3 1/2 thousand pounds comes from. Is it the additional works? Does it relate to the original quotation? I'm afraid that I have fallen out of the loop on this for the moment.

The threatening message which they have sent you is extremely useful. Make sure you preserve it well. If this does go to court then the judge will be less than pleased. It is also potentially a police matter.

Are you prepared to forego the £383 if the whole dispute stops?

Are there other issues which I have not referred to here?

Hi BF,

it has been a long time and sadly I thought this meant they had accepted my letter. 

to summarise;

On the 1st December 2022 I sent the letter to the company. 

On the 8th December 2022 One of their representatives called me and asked for a copy of the letter to be emailed to him. He then called me back on receipt of the letter and since then I heard nothing. 

On the 15th February 2023 I received the message attached to the last post. 

They do now seem to
suggest I owe either 3.5k or 7k. Both of which are different figures to those quoted in the past. Neither of which have a detailed explanation as to why they have come to that amount.

I have calculated the numbers using quotes at the time and I do conclude that they owe me £383. But as you guessed, I am more than happy to forego that amount just to break all communication. 

There really is nothing else to say. It’s been so quiet since the turn of the new year as yesterday was the first time anyone has reached out. 

mark.