Buyer received refund but then item was delivered - eBay

PIXeL_92
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 541 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Was selling a few bits on eBay. Sold an item for £15 and shipped it within 24 hours via second class signed for post.

Didn't arrive after 5 days and buyer opened a case, this means you have to sort it out within eBays given time frames or you get penalised. So on the last day possible I offered the buyer a refund as it hadn't been delivered. I put this down to it either being delayed by the strikes or getting lost.

Anyway I went to make a claim a couple days after with RM for the value of the item and noticed it was delivered the day after the refund was processed.

Sent a message to eBay, they can't do anything now so I sent a message to the buyer and they said they would check for it and send the money if they had it no problem.

After I made them aware of the fact they have received the item and the tracking shows this they have left feedback basically saying item never arrived but seller was helpful and refunded.

Do you think this would stand up in a small claims court as I now want to pursue it just down to principle now.

Thanks

First of all it might be very difficult to prove that it was actually received. Showing that it was delivered is one thing but many couriers will mark an item delivered in fact it has been delivered to some other address.

I imagine that you are assuming that has been delivered. That's probably a fair assumption but can you prove it.

Secondly, you are only talking about 15 quid and although if you had your proof, you could certainly go ahead and win, if you don't have proof then it might be quite a risk in terms of court fee et cetera – as much as 50 quid or so.