Argos - Hisense Roku TV Failed after 2.5yrs - repair help

ConfusedSC
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 529 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, 

I’ve had my Hisense Roku television since I purchased it in April 2020. I’m not going to lie, it’s been a busy tv having been on most of the time since purchase. 

This week it has developed vertical lines on the screen and no picture. It was fine in the morning, I went to Tesco, come back and put the tv on and there they were. There’s no damage to the screen itself, just no picture. 

I called Hisense to see if they could help, they asked for images of the screen etc yet since then they have decided it was out of its two year warranty and said to call the retailer (Argos) which I have done and have been told the same.  

I just wanted to know if there was anything else I could do before I go about looking for someone to repair the tv or having to actually replace it. I would have thought even the cheapest of televisions would have lasted longer than 2 (and a bit) years. 

Thanks, 

Edited by ConfusedSC

yes you are quite correct that a tv should last more than 2yrs,

warranty as always plays no part at all in this. your are covered by your consumer rights laws which run up until 6yrs in many instances,

now how long a tv should last as with any other products is not specifically written down is nor can it be.

Argos ARE your target, but as the tv is outside of 6mts purchased it would be down to you to get a professional report done, that concludes the reason for the fault you have now was present at time of sale. then argos have the choice to repair once/refund/replace as they wish.

have you checked the internet for known faults with this tv, like yours shows?  

if you were to find info, that would strengthen your case, but ultimately the retailer can also deducted monies on a refund for commensurate use to date. 

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you for your reply! I have checked online and it seems this is quite a common fault. It’s a shame I didn’t see anything like this reported when I purchased the tv as I scoured the internet reviews for a week or two before purchasing.

How do I go about getting a report done? Is it just a case of calling a repair man to look at it? 

• dx100uk changed the title to Argos - Hisense Roku TV Failed after 2.5yrs - repair help

yes

the issue here if i were to be frank, ......is how much the tv cost you + what you are likely to get back minus commensurate use deductions +  your report cost.

and argos at the best of times are pretty useless on consumer rights. though i will say some local managers are very very good, .

if you win you'd get the report costs back. 

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Funnily enough I was talking to someone about this at work today and they said pretty much the same. The tv didn’t cost an awful lot so I might just replace it. It’s just a shame as I haven’t had it that long and it’s not something I would want to shell out on again so close to Christmas! 

Have you actually gone to your local Argos and talked about things with someone that wants to help and compromise??

Dx

and they

I’ve not been into Argos yet as my local one (not one in sainsburys) is quite a distance away but I’ve called their contact line and spoken to two different people who have stated as it’s been 2 years, it’s not under warranty with them and to call Hisense, who just tell me to contact Argos. 

FORGET THE/ANY warranty/guarantee on anything

they mean NOTHING in the UK and do NOT remove nor reduce your consumer rights....

try the personal approach.

why dont you ring your most local store.

and they

So I went in to my local Sainsbury/Argos today and all they could advise is that I call the helpline to see if they can help. I might have to take a trip to the larger Argos tomorrow after work and see if they can help. 

Update: I tweeted Argos and asked them for help, they’ve said I need to get an independent report to state the problem just like you said.

They said they can’t do anything without it so I’m wondering if it’s just easier to cut my losses and buy a new television. 

how much did the TV cost?

dx

and they

i'd still expect better than £200 back if you were successful mind.

and they