Mackenzie Hall

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6361 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I got one of their red postcards a few weeks back (Googling to find out who the heck they are brought me to this brilliant forum) and of course, after reading about their bully-boy tactics I have done nothing about it.

However, since I have no clue what they are after me for, does wnyone think I should send them a CCA along with a written instruction not to contact me verbally? At least that way if they write to me after getting a CCA I'll know who/what the debt is from and if they don't then whatever it is will be unenforcable anyway won't it?

A.

[COLOR=magenta][COLOR=purple]Moorcroft DCA - CCA Requests (x2) sent 06/01/2007, 1 x CCA supplied and payments being made, one account passed back to Royal Bank of Scotland. Regal Credit demanded immediate payment in Nov 07, sent away with a flea in their ear as RBS is in breach of CCA.[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=magenta][COLOR=seagreen]Anonymous postcard from FCM Jan 08 can only be connected to this RBS farce![/COLOR] [/COLOR][COLOR=magenta]Meritforce reported to TS, ICO, FOS and Ofcom April 07 for harassment and breaches of Data Protection Act over a debt that was paid more than a year ago! dec 07 ICO finally agree that DPA was breached but say that the law does not allow them to take any action![/COLOR] [COLOR=royalblue]Roxburghe DCA - CCA Request sent 06/01/2007, Unable to comply letter received 14/01/07.[/COLOR]

Never give them your phone number, if they sent you the red card they are just fishing for information as to your whereabouts. When i dealt with them it was regarding an old Barclaycard debt that had been sold on, its up to you really you can either ignore them completely or send the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letters. They wont be able to provide the information but it will alert them to your whereabouts and then they will inform the company they are representing (in my case Cabot Financial, the one who bought the debt off barclaycard)...., after much wrangling Cabot did manage to provide me with the documents so I am now negotiating a full and final settlement.

Also if they are chasing a debt that is more than six years old it is statute barred, do not awknowledge it.

Good luck!