Debts - need bank but worried about DCAs

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 560 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I have some debts from 4 years ago, including a CCJ. My life had fallen apart at the time. Some of this debt was invalid.

I don't have the strength to deal with this right now not least because a loved one who is my carer has just received a terminal cancer diagnosis.

Since moving in to a new address with my carer a few years ago I have avoided setting up any bank account or any other account (monies paid to my carers account).

As I am afraid the credit agencies would then alert every vulture and DCA who would make life impossible.

But I now need a bank account, is there any account I can open that I can be sure won't share my details with credit agencies and DCAs?

Or if not is there another alternative such as certain prepaid accounts or?.

Thank you in advance.

that is not the way to go about it.

never run from debt!

you've found the self help forum.

read a good few threads you'll get the idea.

you already have one ccj , you dont want more via the backdoor to your old address do you?

dx

just dont ever forget a dca is not a bailiff

and has zero legal powers on any debt

no matter what it's type, and with ccj judgement or not too!!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Starling bank don't need address proof 

Dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I would agree that Starling bank is the best bet to get started.

Just download the Starling Bank app on your smartphone and follow the process and you could have an account by the end of the week!

The other good news is that as you have had these debts for four years you only have around two years to go before they become statutory barred which means the creditor will then be unable to take court action, so a couple of pluses there.

My personal view is that you should treat it as a hobby.  Start collecting all the letters etc together and filing them in the correct order.

Make a note on a spreadsheet of significant events for each debt, when you stopped paying, when the default letters were sent, etc.   In particular make a note of the Date the default letters were sent as that determines when the debts become unenforceable which is five yeas in Scotland and six years in the rest of the Country.  It is very satisfying to calculate the date the debt becomes unenforceable in this way and to actually reach the date!

Next work very hard at doing nothing!  By that I mean do not answer any letters, calls or emails, let them do all the had work which is automated by them anyway.   The only exception to this is if you receive a letter before action or a County Court Claim pack, unlikely as they would of done it by now.  If that happens come back here before doing anything.

Sounds like you got a lot of problems on your hands but this need not be one of them.  I will follow the thread and keep posting up here when something happens and I am sure you will get loads of help including from me.

the debt with the CCJ cannot ever be statute barred....

and they