Erudio/Drydens claimform - old SLC Loans - Now N244 for strikeout & SJ.

RC710
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 250 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

its strange that HMRC have not informed them then as they usually do.

so for the complete years not deferred you are def over threshold for the whole year via say your p60 too?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Could it be that HMRC have, and that's why they are pursuing my case?

Yes, my hours increased in 2020 - was meant to be temporary but I then got the job full time. So have earned £34/35k plus since this time.  More now.  Embarrassed at this is a good salary but as I said the impact of COVID, extortionately high rent etc, other debt, means things are still incredibly tight. 

The payments they wanted back in 2020 were £206 per month.

I would try to find a way to prioritise Erudio if it meant this was all done by Sept 2025 - 25 years after the last loan was agreed  - but then I do recall they wrote to me in 2020 to tell me that each year of deferment delays the age related maturity by a year. Lying b*ggers. 

AFAIK yes the remainder will be written off when you reach the write off date, regardless to what the scammers claim (and always on the phone - how funny...NOT!!!) they ALWAYS LIE!!

if you could convince erudio to accept backdated deferment forms, which would wipe the arrears (in a way) and close the claim by consent and accept a smaller monthly sum till your reach write off this could be a winner, atleast they will get 'something ' out of you and you'll get the rest written off with payments going fwd.

the thing is they can be obstructive at the best of times. though you are only a tadpole in a pond with much larger fish to catch.

Arrears (or paying them off) of one sort or another might now be your stumbling block.

say it happens, they accept, the 'old ' arrears would be written off as you now have deferred, but now you'll have monthly arrears dating back to the start of the deferment (1st whole year you first earned over the payment threshold.) partial years do not count. to pay off too.

keep musing...

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Well done, I dont think you realise how rare it is for a claimant to lose a SJ application and how difficult it is for a LIP to stop it in its tracks.

Usually a failed SJ application does not bode well for a claimant and its even  rarer for the claimant to proceed to trial after losing.

The following is hilarious for a District Judge to state:-

5 hours ago, RC710 said:

He laboured around my claim about the copies of agreements being illegible. He agreed they could not be read in entirety but concluded that dates/signatures/sums were visible. He looked up S.77 and determined that it said nothing about legibility

Thats possibly because section 77 does not refer to Legibility its section 65 as per your WS above. 

If you refer back to my amendment in the conclusion of your statement you will now see why its imperative to conclude and prompt the court to test if the claimant can show and prove it has the means and evidence to pass the threshold to be awarded Summary Judgment.

Well done.

• Like 2

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

For reference CPR 24.2 which you refer to in your summary.

Grounds for summary judgment

24.2 The court may give summary judgment against a claimant or defendant on the whole of a claim or on a particular issue if –

(a) it considers that –

(i) that claimant has no real prospect of succeeding on the claim or issue; or

(ii) that defendant has no real prospect of successfully defending the claim or issue; and

(b) there is no other compelling reason why the case or issue should be disposed of at a trial.

(Rule 3.4 makes provision for the court to strike out(GL) a statement of case or part of a statement of case if it appears that it discloses no reasonable grounds for bringing or defending a claim)

Which is basically what I added to your conclusion :-D

• Like 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

Yes take a break and come back when (if) you receive further directions from the court

and they