Faulty Videography Equipment @djiglobal

Rosso123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 574 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Bought an electronic devices from a well known film equipment manufacturer (DJI)

Item was received on the 6th Sept. 

However I did not start setting up the equipment until week beginning 10th Oct ready for filming later that week....

the delay in set up was due to waiting for another compatibility item from a different supplier. 

The item appeared to be faulty but found a tutorial online that ID'd the fault and a firmware fix. 

The manufacturers tech support then went through the firmware update with me etc etc. 

This did not fix the fault and they asked me to email a video of the fault to them. 

On reviewing, they offered that I send the product back to them for repair.  And this is were I am at a stalemate with them.

They are offering a repair.  The product as far as I am concerned came out of the box faulty, I have never used it. 

If I accept a repair then I am in effect paying full price for a manufactures refurbished product which does not have the same value as a new product.

I have rejected the repair and I am asking for a brand new replacement item. They ,in reply just offer the repair.

Am I correct or incorrect in my assumption that under the consumers right act, as the consumer its my choice to choose either a repair or a replacement product.  Or does the company choose what they are willing to offer. 

They have said that because 14 days have past since delivery, a repair is the only option.

Edited by Rosso123

Did you report it faulty within 30 days 

Doesn't read like you did 

So the retailer is correct.

But they only have one chance, else it's full refund time 

DX

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• Rosso123 changed the title to Faulty Videography Equipment @djiglobal

I didnt know it was a proper fault until after their tech support helped me update the firmware on the product.

It was them that they told me that it prob has a hardware fault and to return it. 

Prior that that it looked like a standard firmware update problem. 

This happened on the 13th Oct (I think, so just a little over 30 days). 

The Citizens advice site after entering the info into their form says I am entitled to a repair or replacement. 

To me this reads like I get to choose it I want the product repaired or if I want a replacement?

then as above sadly

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Outside of 30 days, under your consumer rights, its down to the retailer to decide return/refund/replace. Under the repair option they have one chance only.

DJI to be honest are pretty exceptional at sorting issues out, youll be ok im sure.

Dx

and they