1st Central saying name driver has 3 fault claims in one month which isn't right.

just_jue
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 548 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

Since my daughter has been driving I have been a named driver on her policy and never had a problem.

This year she went with a new company and they have been in touch saying that the named driver (me) had 3 fault claims dated 11/06/2021 - 22/07/2021 & 26/07/2021. As a result they have re-calculated her premium and now their is an additional amount of £870 (including a £50 administration fee). Alternatively she can cancel the insurance but their will be a £75 admin fee to do this.

I have been driving since the 1980's and have never had an at fault claim let alone 3, the only claim I every did claim on was a non fault claim in 2020 which was declared.

We have emailed the company requesting proof, is there anything else we can do to prove they have it wrong?

yes get them to prove the 3 fault claims.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Previous Insurers during the period concerned noted them on the Insurers database.

CUE & MIAFTR (mib.org.uk)

Claims and Underwriting Exchange (CUE)

CUE is a central database of motor, home and personal injury/industrial illness incidents reported to insurance companies which may or may not have given rise to a claim. Information held on CUE is a powerful weapon in the fight against fraud.

CUE was established in 1994 to help fight insurance fraud.  By enabling insurers to access details of incidents, it makes it harder to successfully commit claims fraud or misrepresent claims history.  Ultimately, this helps to keep down the cost of insurance for honest policyholders.

If you wish to find out what information is held about you on the CUE database, please complete a Subject Access Request form. Alternatively if you wish to contact us regarding a complaint, or any other query relating to these databases, please contact MIB on on 0345 1652803 (freephone) or at dataprotection@mib.org.uk.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

On a policy where you are named at this time, these claims are registered on the database, so this suggests a third party has contacted your Insurers at the time. Or someone at the Insurance company has entered the claims against your records in error or something dodgy has occurred. Not unknown for Insurance companies to experience claims being entered on records to enable payments to be made to someone or a company on a fraudulent basis.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

All three are within a month and at the time I was insured by Direct Line Business and have had no correspondence from them since I didn't renew with them, and none of the two insurance companies I have been with since have mentioned these 3 either.

Will see what they come back with, but after reading some of the reviews of the company it doesn't seem to be a one off.

1st central are known to be rubbish, but they will have received the information from Insurers database, so not sure how they would get the wrong data.

It is possible your old Insurers did not tell you about the claims, as you had since closed the policy.

Suggest a call to Direct Line to ask whether any claims listed.

Just spoke to Direct Line, and there is only the non fault claim on file. DL have taken all my details and will look into it further next week.

I have never hit anyone let alone 3 and 2 in 4 days as they are saying, when my daughter spoke to 1st central they could give her any details of these claims either.

They are only 15 minute drive from my house so might go down there to see all their proof.

Take it up with CUE database as advised previously. There will be concerns of where this erroneous data is coming from.

• Like 1

Have you asked 1st Central to provide all the data they can obtain regarding these claims, including which Insurers reported the information?  The compliance officers at 1st Central could quite quickly obtain more information, as they could contact the CUE system administrators on your behalf, as you believe it to be erroneous and therefore have need to urgently challenge it.  

• 4 weeks later...

Had the information back from MIB and there is no claims on the list at all. 1st central are listed but nothing else regarding these claims, going back to her older insurers and nothing there.

They didn't respond to the email sent and cancelled the insure and now want £170 cancellation fee.

Going to be writing a formal complaint today for her. Will I be able to put a SAR for myself in there to find out what information they are basing these claims on?