Scottish Power default notice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 597 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

i am new here site recommended by a friend.

i have had some financial issues due to family member having been diagnosed with cancer,

i have been having problems with Scottish power and they have defaulted me on my electricity bill debt.

this bill is all estimated no meter reading has been done this year despite the fact that i am supposed to have a smart meter.

what i need to know is can they default against all estimated bills, and can they then send out a debt collector that they have charged me for and late payment fees and default charge.

a dca is NOT A BAILIFF

and have ZERO powers on ANY DEBT - no matter what it's type.

any penalty fees are unlawful under FCA rules and can be reclaimed/removed .

util bills are not covered by the consumer credit act so they cant issue a default notice under section 87 of the act.....if that is what you have..i doubt it.

regardless to if the readings are estimates or not, have you been paying something toward what you use regularly rather than totally ignoring them just because you might have an issue they are estimated?

gas/electric as well as rent/mortgage and council tax are regarded as priority bills and should not be ignored in favour of other non priority bills like digitaltv/internet/phone/mobile contracts or loans/credit cards...drop them all to £1PCM and ensure you always pay a priority bill.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes they can default you based on estimated usage.

Yes they can add debt collection charges, as this will be contained in the terms and conditions for the account.  But they cannot represent a form of penalty, so you can complain about the amounts, if you feel that they more than cover their costs.

Have you contacted the energy company regarding the smart meter issue ?.  I presume you mean that you have a smart meter, but it is not working. 

And presumably you were paying by Direct Debit, but had to stop paying due to financial issues ?  Would suggest that you contact the energy company to explain the issues and to ask for their help. 

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• dx100uk changed the title to Scottish Power default notice

With “non-credit accounts” such as telecoms bills, utility bills or home rental payments, your credit score is only likely to be affected if you fall into serious arrears by way of a CCJ being recorded.

A default can only be placed on your credit score on credit accounts which are covered by the Consumer Credit Act 1974 pursuant to sec87(1)

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread