PCN issued in a Parking Bay Suspension I paid for while moving house - council rejected first appeal

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 616 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I moved house in August and booked a parking bay suspension outside my house to allow for my car and the removals lorry to load up.

I made a preliminary booking for the suspension for 3 days. I included my car registration number in the application but of course didn't know the registration number of the removals firm's lorry. 

Before payment was due I realised I would only need the suspension for two days so I rebooked the suspension. 

In the vehicle registration section I put - registration numbers not yet known. I accidentally forgot to re-enter my own registration number.  I paid for the suspension.

On the removal day, as my property was going into storage I needed to use my own car for moving heavy plant pots as living plants can't go into storage. 

XAt 7.20am on the first day of the removals I came downstairs to find that my car had been ticketed at 7.18am. 

The bay suspension was from midnight, but the resident's parking in the zones I lived in does not become active until 9.00am. 

I challenged the PCN with the local council explaining that it was my own car, needed for the removals.

They have rejected this appeal, even though I provided the evidence that I did include the vehicle registration number on the earlier document.

This seems crazy. They didn't ticket the removals lorry and they didn't have the registration number for that.  I have stated that it was my car and that I needed it for removals.

On what grounds can I make a formal representation?  What are my chances of success?

£35 parking fine is not a huge amount of money but it's the principle. I really don't feel that I should pay the parking charge after paying around £150 for the suspension of the bay for my own house move.

Does seem a bit stupid that the name/address of the person that paid for the bay suspension is the same  as the car they ticketed??

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...