Atlas Motors Limited Horley - Faulty used car after seven weeks.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 622 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I bought a used car from a motor trader about 7 weeks ago and paid £4500 for it, so not a newer one by any means. 75,000 miles so i'd expected a bit more than 7 weeks before a fault surfaced., and the car became undriveable. I paid a £1000 on a Credit card (direct to the trader and not through a third party payment provider like Sum-Up) and the balance by bank transfer. The trader provided me with a third party warranty, but this is pretty flimsy and the company who provide is have pretty poor reviews online; I don't really expect much more from third party warranties.

The fault is in the diesel fuel system and my mechanic's initial thoughts are a failed fuel injector although he will be investigating further to provide a definitive answer. In any case this is sounding like a good few hundred pounds worth of work however it is dressed up.

So I have a couple of questions.

Presumably I am better off approaching the trader directly under my Consumer Rights, but I just wondered about opinions on whether a failed injector at 75k miles would be considered normal wear and tear or is it reasonable to expect a liitle longer than seven weeks before being off the road, even on a car of this price.

Secondly is the protection under S75 CCA more flexible or is the protection based upon the same conditions as the Consumer Rights Act? That is if I make a s75 claim, am I simply asking the CC lender to recognise my Consumer Rights Act rights?

Finally, if I do make one of these claims, either way, I am stuck with a car that doesn't run, yet still needs to be taxed and insured to be on the road (I don't have a private parking space or driveway). What sort of timescales might I expect?

Hopefully you get the gist of my queries and can advise accordingly.

Thanks, once again, in advance

GB

Forget warranty, useless piece of paper.does not reduce/replace your consumer rights.

7 weeks in its not your job its the retailers to investigate and fix it, as youve only done xxx miles and cant have created much w&t in rhat period.

As for section 75, keep that in your arsenal .

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Ok, so first shot across the bow... I phoned the trader just to give him the opportunity, and in the hope that he might, decide to fix it without fuss.

his response was that I should contact the warranty company. I explained that I didn't want to do that and, as is my legal right, I was approaching him first. His response was quite aggressive and he said that the warranty is the only route open to me and if I choose the legal route I will be "waiting a very long time" for resolution.   

Can anybody suggest some sample text that I can use when I email the trader please so i have my request in writing.

I have also requested the form for the s75 claim form my CC company. I understand I can run the two requests along side each other but the s75 might bear fruit easier, is that the case?

Thanks again.

There are plenty of threads already here on what to do 

Don't use phone/text, write!

Who is the trader/dealership??

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to Atlas Motors Limited Horley - Faulty used car after seven weeks.