CPP/GroupNexus/Reef Parking ANPR PCN - Westgate Shopping Park, Basildon, Essex ***Cancelled by landowner***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 584 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well done on your victory!  👏

Make sure you keep this communication from the landowner somewhere safe.  This week we had a case where the parking company "forgot" the invoice had been written off and actually started a court case before being reined in again   https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/452503-highviewdcbl-anpr-pcn-claimform-moved-did-not-inform-dvla-urban-exchange-m4-manchester-claim-discontinued/

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• FTMDave changed the title to CPP/GroupNexus/Reef Parking ANPR PCN - Westgate Shopping Park, Basildon, Essex ***Cancelled by landowner***

A shared victory since it relied on your expert advice! 👍

Will do, thanks.  I have informed Debt Recovery Plus by phone, perhaps I should put something in writing as well (snail mail as there are no contact email addresses in their letter).

Final question - A previous comment in this thread pointed out that:

Nexus are not abiding by the BPA Code of Conduct by demanding the driver's details.

It is also not complying with the Law by asking for the details. 

Out of interest, if the fleecers wanted to pursue a legitimate claim should they be pursuing the keeper only then?  If so, what if the vehicle was registered to a keeper (eg. driver's spouse or parent) who wasn't present when parking?

no need to contact DR+

a dca has zero powers on any debt - no matter what it's type and are not bailiffs.

the PPC's default target is always the registered keeper unless someone appeals and drops themselves (or someone else) in it by using the word I this and that.

i'm glad you got this sorted, just remember, we use all kinds of tools to encourage users to act .

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

To  answer your question, private parking comes under the Protection of freedoms Act 2012.

When there is an alleged breach of the Terms and Conditions then the driver is initially responsible for the debt.

As the identity of the the driver is not known, a PCN is sent to the registered keeper advising them of the breach as well as pointing out that although the driver is responsible for the amount claimed, if the keeper fails to divulge the name and address of the driver within 28 days, the alleged debt then the onus to repay is transferred to the keeper.

However to do the transfer, the parking company has to comply with the regulations set out in the Act. if they fail then they cannot pursue the keeper as only the driver is now responsible. That is why we advocate not telling the parking company who was driving.

And in PoFA 2012 the parking companies can only request from the keeper the details on the driver, they cannot insist on knowing.

Personally, I wouldn't have informed Debt Recovery since if they write to you asking for money when the PCN has already been cancelled they could leave themselves open to breaching your GDPR.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, dx100uk said:

no need to contact DR+

a dca has zero powers on any debt - no matter what it's type and are not bailiffs.

the PPC's default target is always the registered keeper unless someone appeals and drops themselves (or someone else) in it by using the word I this and that.

i'm glad you got this sorted, just remember, we use all kinds of tools to encourage users to act .

dx

Thank you.

18 hours ago, lookinforinfo said:

To  answer your question, private parking comes under the Protection of freedoms Act 2012...

Ah, all clear now. Thank you.

They say hindsight is 20/20 and had I found this brilliant forum earlier, I definitely wouldn't have appealed (especially since the initial Notice to Keeper letter was received after 14 days).

Anyway, as dx100uk mentions, the right tool was applied to reach a successful conclusion and all the helpful advice received along with this excellent summary by lookinforinfo will hopefully help others in the future.