CDER bailiff warrant for friends unknown 2018 Leeds Magistrates Fine.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 637 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Afternoon all.

Asking on behalf of a friend.

Friday 19-08-2022 he received a phone call from a number he did not recognize, so chasing work he returned the call.

The call was from CDER Group Limited, claiming he owed money for fines imposed upon him by Magistrates Court.

He was in trouble in 2011/2012, so he asked CDER for proof of what they are claiming.

They emailed him the attached document.

Could someone please take a look and explain a way forward, for example how to find out more detail of what is owed or even if it is the correct amount?

He is more than willing to pay if correct proof and or paperwork is provided, not just a letter headed document which many could produce.

redacted_img20220819_16142627.pdf

That letter refers to an offence or sentencing date of 13th November 2018. Your friend needs to contact Leicester Magistrates' Court to find out the details of the offence. If he knows nothing of the proceedings against him he will need to perform a Statutory Declaration to have the conviction set aside. But he needs to do this within 21 days of finding out about his conviction. Does he drive and did he change address any time in the year prior to that date?

Find out what it is all about and we can tell you how to proceed.

thanks for quick reply man in the middle

No he does not drive

Address - he tends to live in b&b's where ever his work takes him, he does have a postal address for mail but he does not live there.

All contact so far has been through mobile phone calls and email.

Agree. Friend needs to contact Magistrates court and find out why he received the fines.  If he did not receive the summons for the original hearing, he could submit statutory declaration explaining that he constantly moves around to find work and did not receive the summons to attend any hearing and to request a new hearing take place.

At least he may then have fines without the enforcement charges.  But it may be worth your friend contacting Citizens Advice local to where he is now, once he knows what the offences were that led to the fines.

Is your friend working cash in hand and not registered to pay taxes ?  If, so they might want to be careful. Questions may be asked about the work he is doing.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• dx100uk changed the title to CDER bailiff warrant for friends unknown 2018 Leeds Magistrates Fine.

Yes first point of contact is the court to find out exacttly what the offence was and if summons was ro previous address the Statutory Declaration might be a way, what he mustn't do is ignore it as the bailffs will caall add an extra fee a,d as is criminal can force Entry at some stage, but they much prefer to clamp a car if one is nearbyand they think it belongs to the debtor..

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

on Monday 22-08-2022,

My friend rang the Magistrates Court and explained the problem re CDER.

He was informed that because the matter had already been passed to CDER there was nothing the Court could help with, he would have to deal with CDER.

he rang CDER, checked the amount they are asking for, and stated to them:

“He had not got the funds to pay the amount in full, but he was prepared to pay £50 immediately and then continue to pay £30 per month until amount had been cleared”.

To which they replied “No we require the full amount now”.

My friend told them politely “Sorry no chance”. He then ended the call.

Before being asked, no I do not think he recorded the call.

I would have thought they would be happy to come to some sort of arrangement to ensure the amount is paid?

the question is,

he has made an offer of payment which has been refused, so what happens next?

Thanks for help from Man - UB and Brass

T

he was told to ask several questions

What was the offence?

What did they say when he said he has received nothing from any court?

What about the statutory declaration filing?

We did say ever to ring cder at all.

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi dx

The points you make I explained to him.

I told him what to ask about etc and to inform them of his work circumstances.

I told him several times not to phone CDER.

I am printing a list out for him for tomorrow.

If he does not follow through and get answers, then friend or not, I refuse to waste the Forums time on this anymore.

Thank you

T

• Like 1

if he got nothing previous from any court and the only knowledge of these/this fine was when a bailiff made contact...legally...

he is entitled to raise a statutory declaration.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...