Double glazing and door advice needed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 674 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I signed a contract for windows and a front door in November 2021. This involved building work to the kitchen window including a partial wall, render, plastering inside etc. I was verbally told installation would be January/February 2022 by the salesman. Months passed without any sign of installation. In May 2022 I was advised the windows and door were ready for fitting. They did not however have a builder and therefore could not complete the kitchen portion. Rather than wait any further I agreed to all the windows and door being fitted minus the kitchen window. The windows and door were fitted mid June. I gave them dates for the following four weeks with no sign of a builder so the kitchen window remains unfitted. 

The front door letterbox is in the wrong place. They have also reattached two old railings to the new door frame outside which we’d agreed would not be reattached. They have been attached quite poorly (wrong screws, squinty and no screws on one bit just siliconed on). I flagged this with them immediately and they offered to put up an external letterbox and send someone round to take the railings off when it came round to me replacing the railings. The plan is to refurbish or replace the railing but I don’t need someone to come out and take out some screws. I also don’t need someone to put up a letterbox for me. So I said no to these things. I would have settled for money off however they are not offering this. They have said they believe they have been reasonable in their offer. 

The kitchen window work remains not done and they are now trying to negotiate selling me the window and I get a builder to do the work because I’ve complained about the length of time it has taken and how I’m not willing to wait any longer. The dispute I have with this portion of the work is that initially they said it would cost £1700 and this was reduced to £1200 and now they’re only offering to take off £750 from the final invoice for the cost of the building work. 

So my question in relation to the front door is what would be reasonable compensation if they have fitted the wrong door and then put railings on that render the manufacturers warranty void? They have said they will honour the warranty but I have absolutely no confidence in this as they’ve not been able to complete the initial contract. 

I haven’t paid them the full amount for the windows and door that have already been done so they are still negotiating. I say negotiate but they have been absolutely terrible so far. Should I dig my heels in and get the door I ordered? I want to be reasonable so am looking for advice on what seems a reasonable response from me. 

Thanks for any advice. 

name names please

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...