Parked on double yellows with blue badge displayed and got PCN from council

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 669 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone help with this please as I would like to do an informal appeal.

Was on holiday and visiting for the first time an unfamiliar town. I parked on double yellows and displayed a valid  blue badge as I thought,  correctly. I wasn’t well and urgently needed toilet ( disability related, plus gastro)  Daughter got out my wheelchair and rushed me off to find one.

Came back to car after about 30 minutes to find PNC. Extremely puzzled as to why.

Came home yesterday and checked council website to see that part of my badge was covered by a small parking receipt obtained the day before where payment was required and I popped it in there for safe keeping and in my rush to leave the car, forgot to remove it.

The contravention is a Code 1. Is this first of all correct? Is there not a Code for not displaying blue badge correctly. Another question, the site of the contravention just says Street name. No address or postcode nor where on the street it occurred. The street/ road was very long.

Do I have grounds to appeal at all? 

Where .Google maps link please so we can check 

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Not sure where on google maps.

Just states: Princes Street.

No other information. The council is Dorset

Thanks

The PCN is confusing me a bit as stated previously:

Contravention Code: 01 Parked in a restricted street during prescribed hours.

And then also states after reg: Observed from X to X time Pay & Display Ticket no: Expiry Time: Would a PNC normally have this extra information on regarding Pay & Display?

I wasn't in a Pay and Display. Those were at the top end of the street, bays for Pay and Display or Parking Permit holders. I was at the very bottom of the street.

3 hours ago, dx100uk said:

Where .Google maps link please so we can check 

Dx

Sorry for late response. My son said to try Street View  and it came up with the street. Princes Street, Dorchester, Dorset.

You can see the whole street. I was park in the last space at the bottom of the street in that section of the recessed road  outside Argos. There are pay and display or permit holders at the top of the street. Does this help? Thanks

Here:

GOO.GL

Find local businesses, view maps and get driving directions in Google Maps.

The contravention is a Code 1. Is this first of all correct?  Yes

Is there not a Code for not displaying blue badge correctly.  Only if you were parked in a Disabled bay. You weren't

Suggest you explain the circs, thought you had displayed the BB correctly not realising it had inadvertantly been partly  obscured by  an old P&D tickert and  enclose a copy of the BB. Very sorry and will endeavour to ensure this doesn't happen in future etc and ask the council to  use it's discretion on this one occasion

Edited by Michael Browne