!!!urgent Help - Urgent Help - Please!!!

LHP
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6353 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Help - i have just had an offer of my full amount from DG solicitors for around £1500, however they said they are going to pay it to a debt collection agency for an old managable loan with hsbc i had, this is now paid by the CCCS on a very low monthly payment and i still owe about £3500 on it. Is there any way i can get them to send me the money, rather than pay it to reduce the debt.

obvsiouly....the whle reason i got in the mess im in was due to these charges???

help please!!!

Did you ask them to pay the money to you personally on your claim?

I have a managed loan too and did not accept the offer after LBA because they did not pay off our current account and close it. Just keep charging £30 a month cos the DMP dose'nt cover the loan and keeps the account in debt. But they've paid part of mine into my current acount and I have transferred it to my other bank. I have only just sent my schedule to DG so I'm interested in what they might do with the remainder of my claim.

It's not up to the bank what happens to the money, it is YOUR money, and you can 'direct them' as to how you wish it to be dispersed - even a cheque is an option

Dec 2006 - Sucessfully recovered over £3k from HSBC with much help from CAG :-D

if you found this post helpful, please click my reputation, thank you

(The small print-my advice and opinions are my own, and are given freely and without predjudice or liability whatsoever)

So how should i word it when i reply to DG sols - shall i say something like:

"Further to your letter of offer of £1500 - I am happy to accept this as full and final settlement of my claim against HSBC, however require the full amount to be paid to me my cheque. If this is not done, then I will pursue this in court"

does that sound ok? or do u think i should re-word it at all?

thanks

xxxxx

I do agree with karnevil, You do have a duty to pay something of what you recieve to reduce your debt. I have done so by paying bacK nearly £900 that cleared the current account balance. This also means that if they now close the account a further sum is available for distribution by the DMP. If I recieve a further amount that too will be used to help reduce the balance. If you are in the same situation as I have been then you will probably have borrowed money at sometime from family. This too I have paid back now so there is more income for the DMP when our circumstances are reviewed. I do think though that we are entitled to something given the time and effort, and expence it all takes. I for instance have purchased a few tools with some of it.............I desperatley need them for work as I have been Borrowing. You cannot be criticised for trying to improve your lot when you get the chance. But I do think that the money should be used for something towards that goal. even if you use it for essentials such as those curtains and furniture, wallpaper falling of the wall general upkeep of the home...........It will still give you a lift and make it all seem worthwhile. The prospect of me still facing the next few years Borrowing tools was,nt a particularily pleasant one.! All I would say is that you should make good use of any award.

Good luck - let us know how you get on !!

Dec 2006 - Sucessfully recovered over £3k from HSBC with much help from CAG :-D

if you found this post helpful, please click my reputation, thank you

(The small print-my advice and opinions are my own, and are given freely and without predjudice or liability whatsoever)