Apple iPhone battery replacement, Swollen Battery within 1 month of fitting.

bankoff
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 697 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I had to go to Southampton to have a new battery fitted in my iPhone 7 recently.  I live at least 70 from the shop so travel cost to get there etc was about  £30 on top of the £49 for the new battery.

Imagine my surprise when a month after having it fitted the screen started to lift on 1 side by about 2-3 mm, then within an hour or so both sides were lifting and the screen had become bowed in the middle.  I rang Apple who passed me backwards and forwards from them to the shop as I was trying to get my fare paid for.  At no time did they tell me that it was a swollen battery, or what else could have happened to it.

I eventually gave up trying to get anywhere with the fare to the shop and booked another appointment with the Southampton Apple store the next day.  The Apple help line told me to see the manager of the store and he thought they may reimburse my fare.

When I arrived at the store I asked to see the manager, who said when I asked for reimbursement of my fare, “we do not do that”.

When the repair person in the “Genius Bar” came out to take the phone for a second battery I asked what was wrong with it, so he replied it was a swollen battery and “it can happen sometimes”, 

I asked if it could explode or catch fire, “oh no it’s ok that won’t happen”, well I was gobsmacked that he was so casual about it, I looked it up on google, and this I what I found,,,

Sorry about the length of this, but be warned Apple Genius Bar Is not so good when they fit a faulty battery,,,,, how do I complain or get compensated for my travelling, had the phone caught fire they would have had more that a mere travel bill to pay.

WARNING

A SWOLLEN LITHIUM-ION BATTERY MAY CATCH FIRE OR EXPLODE. PROCEED WITH EXTREME CAUTION AND AT YOUR OWN RISK WHEN REMOVING A SWOLLEN BATTERY FROM AN ELECTRONIC DEVICE. IF YOU HAVE ANY DOUBTS ABOUT YOUR ABILITY TO DO SO SAFELY, POWER DOWN AND ISOLATE THE DEVICE, AND CONSULT A PROFESSIONAL REPAIR TECHNICIAN IMMEDIATELY.

Removing a swollen battery can be hazardous, but leaving a swollen battery inside a device also poses risks. To prevent potential device and bodily harm, a device should not operate with a swollen battery. These guidelines offer best practices for removing swollen batteries, but cannot guarantee a safe repair. If you have doubts, power the device down, place it in a fireproof container, take to a repair professional and ask them to remove the faulty battery. Do not delay battery removal. If your swollen battery was purchased from iFixit, take photos of the battery before and after removing it, then contact our customer service team for warranty claims or replacement.

When and where did you purchase it?

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi I have had the phone for about 3-4 years, I bought it from Amazon,  but I had the new battery fitted in Southampton just over a month ago,,,