PRA Claimform - old Barclaycard Debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 748 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there - newbie here and I need just a little help!!!

I had a Barclaycard for over 20 years.

I was furloughed for over a year because of Covid and despite having 3 months of deferred payments, I found that the repayments then demanded were unsustainable because I was still furloughed and just couldn't pay them. So, my account was defaulted - I wrote to them twice and never got a response, and now I have received a letter from Northampton County Court Business Centre with a claim from PRA. 

I have not seen a single letter from PRA about this. Not one. 

I have since had new employment but have been working away all last week and only saw the letter on Friday which was issued 14 days ago. I've googled this website as I don't know what to do next!! 

I keep on top of my other debts now and don't want to shirk responsibility. However, I am not in a position to pay it all off - it's over £10k.

How can I buy time?

What do I need to do?

I can't even negotiate a settlement I don't think and have incurred court costs as well. 

I have had a look through this site over the weekend

- if I register an Acknowledgement of Service, just to get 14 days to get myself together, what else do I need to do?

I'm not contesting that I owe Barclaycard money in principle

- however, I did notice that they haven't included a copy of my credit agreement.

What's the first thing I need to do, and if I did dispute the claim, would this be a frivolous action??

Ideally I really don't want a CCJ as I have worked hard elsewhere to try and stay on the straight and narrow. 

Any help or advice would be massively appreciated.

Thank you in advance. 

Hello, welcome to CAG.

I'm sorry you haven't had any replies yet, I'm sure people will be along to advise over the course of the evening.

Perhaps you could let us have the information requested in the forum sticky which will also give you more information on how to deal with this.

Best, HB

B

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hi there! 

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I'll do this now, but before I do, just a small thing - do I give everything, including reference numbers etc??

Is that what you do here - just a bit concerned about prejudicing anything or people doing anything with the confidential information I post. Or am I fretting about nothing?

•  

Which Court have you received the claim from ? Northampton County Court

Name of the Claimant ? PRA Group (UK) Limited

Date of issue – 16 May 2022

Particulars of Claim

What is the claim for –

What is the total value of the claim? c.>£10k + 10%

Have you received prior notice of a claim being issued pursuant to paragraph 3 of the PAPDC (Pre Action Protocol) ? No

Have you changed your address since the time at which the debt referred to in the claim was allegedly incurred? No

Did you inform the claimant of your change of address? Not applicable

Is the claim for - a Bank Account (Overdraft) or credit card or loan or catalogue or mobile phone account? Credit card

When did you enter into the original agreement before or after April 2007 ? Before April 2007

Do you recall how you entered into the agreement...On line /In branch/By post ? In Branch

Is the debt showing on your credit reference files (Experian/Equifax /Etc...) ? Yes

Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. Debt Purchaser

Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? No

Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? Yes

Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Sums in Arrears”  or " Notice of Arrears "– at least once a year ? No

Why did you cease payments? Furloughed and drop in salary - and unable to resume payments after payment holiday. 

What was the date of your last payment? c.14 months ago

Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? No, no response to my offers to repay. 

Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan? Yes, wrote twice and no response to letters. 

You haven't moved since you were furloughed and took the payment holiday have you?

Can you scan and post up everything you have received, removing ALL identifiers, reference numbers, QR codes, barcodes etc. upload up to one PDF file.

I know you said you took this out pre 2007, what year was it 2002?? Earlier?? 

DX will be along later with others who will give you the best advice on what to do next, have you acknowledged service of the claim form yet?

You have until the Friday 3rd June by 16.00 to Acknowledge Service.

You'll be perfectly fine, nowt to worry about. 

Do you have evidence of writing to them?

Keep everything in writing, keep a diary of events, if/when you post anything obtain 'proof of posting'' which is free from the PO counter, this will be your evidence.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

you missed out the particulars of claim

we need you to TYPE that out here please

we dont need a scan of the claimform nor the PACK that came with it

but anything else from PRA before the claim bothside would be very useful.

read upload carefully

use ONE multipage PDF for everything please

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to PRA Claimform - old Barclaycard Debt

pop up on the MCOL website detailed on the claimform.
[if mcol is not working return after the w/end or the next day if week time]
 register as an individual on the Gov't Gateway Site
Go to HMRC's login page.
Click the GREEN sign in button.
Click “Create sign in details”
Enter your email address where asked.
You will now be emailed a confirmation code. ...
You will now be issued with a User ID for your government gateway account.
 note down your details inc the long gateway number given, you might need it later.
 then log in to the MCOL Website
 select respond to a claim and select the start AOS box.
 then using the details required from the claimform
 defend all
 leave jurisdiction unticked
 you DO NOT file a defence at this time
[BUT you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 ]
click thru to the end
confirm and exit MCOL.
get a CCA Request running to the claimant

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/332502-cca-request-consumer-credit-act-1974-updated-january-2015/

Leave the £1 PO unsigned and uncrossed

get a CPR  31:14  request running to the solicitors [if one is not listed send to the claimant]
.[use our other CPR letter if the claim is for an OD or Telecom Debt]

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/332546-legal-cpr-3114-request-request-for-information-when-a-claim-has-been-issued/

on BOTH type your name ONLY
Do Not sign anything
you DO NOT await the return of ANY paperwork 
you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 from the date on the claimform [1 in the count]

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Welcome to CAG Midlands, appreciate there's alot of information to follow above, but work through dx's posts and once you've done with MCOL we can guide you further as to how to defend this :)

There's a wealth of knowledge coming  your way very soon both in answer to your questions and also on this website for you to self learn too

Don't worry about a CCJ at the moment, it highly unlikely because you are defending the claim - we will get into more detail with you on that soon

BT

CAG Site Team and Forum Helpers are unpaid volunteers

Over the years CAG has probably helped hundreds of thousands of people, only a small number of people come back and let us know what happened or to say thank you

and an even smaller number of people ever think to make a donation.

If you are able, without leaving yourself short, consider donating, all donations go towards Site hosting and maintenance - help us stay live for future people in need.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Essential Reading: Dealing with Customer Service

You have until the Friday 3rd June by 16.00 to Acknowledge Service.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread