What are the procedures for Single Joint Expert?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 728 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a suspected damp/condensation in roof

I don't plan to get any surveyor before beginning claim because they don't offer guarantees in finding issues and they would have to open up the roof (incurring costs) so want permission from the Court to get a SJE instead

I want a SJE to determine cause of damp/condensation, extent of the damages (I believe roof wood is rotted out), solutions to fix these, and whether or not the builder is to blame (in order to claim from him).

What is the procedure to get a SJE expert? 

1. I first check the box on the DQ saying "Yes" to "Are you asking for the court’s permission to use the written evidence of an expert?" and 

"If Yes, state why and give the name of the expert (if known) and the area of expertise and the likely cost if appointed."

"Damp surveyors did not offer guarantees to find the cause of damp/condensation and the surveyors would have to open up roof (incurring costs) to look for the cause of the damp, therefore want Single Joint Expert in Damp/Condensation."

2. Make N244 application stating:

What order are you asking the Court to make and why?
“An order that a single joint expert be appointed to determine (issue 1), (issue 2) etc”.

3. Find a company which claims to do CPR 35 compliant reports for damp/condensation, email them? ... I haven't got any of these companys to respond yet, could I just ask the Court to appoint one?

Is there anything else I need to know? Do I need to file a "letter of instruction"?  or any special documents I need to file.. I am completely new to appointing/instructing experts and the procedure relating to this.

Thank you for any comments

Edited by mars3424234

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread